Position Description Summary
Reporting to the Site Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective operation of all assigned shift, warehouse activities, and the achievement of daily and weekly department target production requirements.
- Monitor the movement of product through various stages within the warehouse
- Identify the source of any delay or backlog and devise correction plan
- Communicate and implement change as directed.
- Recognize any deficiencies and adjust as needed
- Allocate resources and manpower as needed
- Health and Safety compliance in accordance with company policies.
- Provide leadership by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices and safety conscious behavior.
- Liaise with drivers, customers and warehouse personnel.
- Ensure compliance with OHS procedures and practices.
- Supervision of all staff under your direct or indirect control.
- All forms are "shrink" are eliminated
- Ensure all mis-routes are re-routed to proper areas
- Administration duties as required to ensure daily KPI performance is achieved.
- Ensure all resources are utilized efficiently.
- Continuously monitor the performance and activities of the shift operations through the use of KPI's, with a primary focus on cost controls.
- Data Centre management of equipment, supplies, and staffing requirements.
- Ensure all reports are completed accurately & on time.
- Other duties as required
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to excel working in an extremely fast paced environment
- Works calmly under pressure
- Technical and analytical background
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A high degree of initiative and the ability to work in a team environment are essential
- Excellent knowledge of overall warehousing processes
- Strong computer skills - particularly in Excel
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual back-grounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Accommodation and Commitment to Equity
Schenker of Canada is proudly committed to ensuring equitable hiring practices and believes in giving each and every applicant an equal opportunity to succeed on his or her own merit. Schenker of Canada strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected to participate in our recruitment process, please inform either the recruiter or the hiring manager of the nature of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.