Job Number: 79952
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Juravinski Hospital
Status: Temporary Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: Non Union Employees
Minimum Salary: 22.0100 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 28.2200
Post Date: Jan 14, 2020, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Jan 21, 2020, 4:59:00 AM
Perioperative Services at the Juravinski, Hamilton General and McMaster University Medical Centre sites of Hamilton Health Sciences, encompasses all aspects of surgical care, preoperatively, intra-operatively and post-operatively for both adults and children. The program further supports the Acute Pain Service across the 3 sites and the Chronic Pain management Center at the Hamilton General. With over 26,000 surgeries annually, on both an inpatient and outpatient basis, the Perioperative Program focuses on innovation in treatment, academic health professional training and collaborative research.
The Secretary will provide full secretarial and administrative support to the Perioperative Business Manager, Clinical Managers of OR, PACU, SDS, Pre-op Clinic and the Clinical Pharmacist.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday; days
This position is temporary until April 2021.
1. Graduate of Community College Business Secretarial/Office Administration program or equivalent
2. Minimum 5 years secretarial experience
3. Medical Terminology
4. Keyboarding 60 wpm
5. Demonstrated proficient computer skills in a variety of applications including MS Word, MS Exel, MS Powerpoint, MS Access and MS Outlook
6. Demonstrated proficient skills with Budget Tool and Peoplesoft Financials
7. Excellent transcription and minute taking skills
8.Mathematical skills related to payroll, budget and statistical documents
9. Demonstrated effective communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, teamwork, public relations and problem-solving skills
10. Ability to work on own initiative, set priorities, organize work and meet deadlines
11. Ability to appreciate the confidential nature of the position
12. Ability to deal with various hospital departments effectively and collaboratively
13. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning
14. Good organizational skills, with ability to set own priorities and work with minimal supervision
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement