AMGH is currently seeking a Part-time Clinical Information Coordinator to join our Team! This position will normally be scheduled three days per week.
The Clinical Information Analyst is responsible for analyzing of patient records, as well as analysis, coordination and report generation of utilization data. To ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of health information; provide health information resource services while complying with legal, ethical and professional standards and regulations.
Reports To: Director, Finance, Health Records and Registration
- Graduate of a recognized HIM program, Health Records Professional Course or College diploma in related area of study
- Active member of CHIMA preferred or willing to obtain
- Minimum of three years’ recent experience in a Health Records Department using ICD10-CA/CCI. Experience working in an acute care hospital Health Records Department is essential
- In depth knowledge of healthcare reporting standards and requirements
- Sound understanding of clinical and research environments
- Understanding of the privacy and freedom of information legislation
- Meditech, Med2020 experience preferable
- Computer literate (spreadsheet and graphic software package experience) and ability to implement technology
- Customer and quality service orientation
- Demonstrates high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of CIHI reporting structures and CQI process.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience in coding and abstracting patient records using ICD-10 Classification System.
- Initiative and judgment in problem solving and identifying opportunities for quality improvement.
- Maintains confidentiality per hospital, legal and professional standards
- Performs responsibilities with minimal supervision and able to prioritize work
- Team participation to identify, recommend and implement quality improvement
- Well-developed presentation, organizational and analytical skills
- Understand the importance of accurate reporting and patient privacy
- Provide input into the overall strategic direction for the Health Records portfolio as it related to all aspects of Information Management, Health Information Systems and electronic health record
- Knowledge of regulations governing Health Records (i.e. Public Hospital Act, Personal Health Information and Protection Act, Mental Health Act, Vital Statistics Act, Hospital regulations, bylaws, etc) to perform regular audits and ensure compliance
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Part-time
- Health Records Department: 3 years (Preferred)