Vita Health Products Inc., an affiliate of The Nature’s Bounty Company, a global leading manufacturer and distributor of quality branded and private label natural health, sports, and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals is looking for a bright, inspired, ambitious and passionate CATEGORY MANAGER to lead the Walmart Category Advisory role for both Vitamins and Performance Nutrition on behalf of Vita Health Products.
This opportunity will be ideal for a strategic thinker who is creative by nature and analytical. We are looking for someone who is results-oriented, self-motivated with an undeniable passion for naturals health products and all things high in protein! If you are extremely curious, you love to find growth opportunities through data mining and analysis and possibly have a comfort in the wonderful world of space planning then we really want to hear from you!
Located in our Mississauga office, and reporting to the Senior Category Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Building strong relationships with the Walmart buyer and modular planning teams to increase knowledge and depth of understanding of the categories.
- Utilize and interpret available business data (Retail Link, Nielsen Market Track, Ad tracking) and other resources to partner with Walmart in creating strategic category plans, providing actionable insights, fact based assortment recommendations, shelving and merchandising strategies/ tactics in support of business objectives.
- Lead the Walmart modular relay process for the Walmart Canada buying team: buyer & modular planning meetings, vendor submissions, modular analytics, and all space planning initiatives including modular setups and drawings according to WM specifications.
- Conduct post modular category analysis to assess WM modular strategies and new item performance.
- Weekly monitoring, reporting and recommendations of the WM Vitamin and Performance categories to the Walmart buying team at both the aggregate and sku level, in accordance with WM specifications for Category Advisory program.
- Regularly review competitive activity and adjust wherever necessary
- Assist with market overviews (AC Nielsen data), competitive product reviews, retail price analysis, or other areas as assigned.
- Assist with Ad-Hoc reporting.
- The incumbent will be a self-starter, able to work both independently and with the Walmart buying and Modular Planning team, as well as WM suppliers and distributor per Walmart direction.
Necessary qualifications required;
- University Level in business and/or nutritional sciences with an aptitude for each.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in category management with Walmart or other major retailer or CPG company.
- Intermediate/Advance Level Excel, Nielsen Nitro/Workbench, ProSpace, Retail Link. In depth understanding of the Strategic Category process. Ability to analyze and interpret large volumes of POS and syndicate data to make strategic recommendations. Understanding of the vitamin and performance nutrition categories.
- Superior ability in space planning and the ProSpace software program
- A curious and inquisitive mind that seeks to continuously improve performance and results
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, attention to detail and a high commitment to quality.
- This position requires the physical ability to set up modulars. You must be able to work with an extensive amount of data, physical set ups, field work and able to present to large or small groups. Previous experience in a pharmaceutical environment would be considered an asset.
- The candidate must have access to a car and will periodically be required to travel to Walmart’s layout center in Mississauga, as well as to retail stores for competitive reviews.
We offer a competitive salary, vacation, benefits package and a sweet management incentive bonus. We like to laugh as much as we like to win and we’re looking for someone awesome to join our lean team of fantastic people. We’re looking for a full-time, long-term employee and will hire as soon as we meet the right person.
Please submit a cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for the job, your love for the vitamins and sports nutrition category and a formatted resume (PDF / MSWord).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Category Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Mississauga, ON (Required)