Position Title: Inside Sales Trainee Representative
Location: Stoney Creek, Ontario
About Samuel, Son & Co. Ltd.
At Samuel, we believe every team member brings unique and valuable skills, experiences and knowledge to our thriving business – enabling us to build on over 167 years of success in the metals industry. We offer countless opportunities for our team members to develop and grow in their careers, empower them to make decisions on the job and be a part of driving positive change – within our organization and in the communities where we live and work. If you’re seeking an inclusive, supportive and welcoming workplace to make your mark and grow your career, we have the programs, culture and opportunities to make it happen. We’re stronger together.
Here are some of the great benefits that we offer:
- Competitive wage
- Company paid health and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company match
- Opportunity for career stability and growth
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Affinity group for women
- On the job training
- Develop product and operational knowledge of Samuel, Son & Co., Limited.
- Train with our sales team and attend all job-related training sessions.
- Develop knowledge of all applicable Samuel facilities.
- Provide back-up coverage for the other Inside Sales Representatives.
- Maintain ongoing contact with customers and promote exemplary customer service.
- Manage account activity and status.
- Ensure timely delivery of products with a desire to provide world-class service.
- Participate in the design of sales strategies.
- Assist in the management and growth of existing customer accounts.
- Generate quotations and supply product information to satisfy customer needs.
- Provide solutions to customer inquiries.
- Develop strong relationships internally and externally.
- Initiate a sales career development plan.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education and Certifications
- Completion of post-secondary education, University / College education in Business or Marketing preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the steel service industry an asset
- Effective time management skills, ability to prioritize, able to work as a member of a team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Excel, Word, and Outlook. D365 experience is a plus.
- Previous interaction and experience working with customers
- Drive, determination and ability to work both independently with little direction and as part of a team.
- Focused on value-added selling, customer service, and developing strategic partnerships with customers.
At Samuel we believe in a culture of equality. Respect and integrity are at our core. We are committed to building and embracing a diverse workforce and creating an environment that is open and inclusive for everyone.
Samuel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person