Position: Respite Program Manager
Department: Respite Program
Direct Report: General Program Manager
Positions reporting to Respite Manager: Respite PSWs
Responsible for the successful operation of Luso’s Respite program, a 7 day operation. Role requires flexible hours during weekdays and weekends, as required to accommodate bookings.
- Five day work week
- Schedule set monthly in advance
- Minimum of 2 weekend shifts per month required.Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Client Intake/ Management
- Complete intake process, including tours with potential clients, organizing trial visits, and completing full application with a great deal of attention to all details related to client needs.
- Assessment of client fit for program and recommendations for bookings. Elevation to General Manager as appropriate
- Complete outtake for clients, including reading all log notes kept during a client’s visit and preparing a summary for the family.
Staff Scheduling & Performance
- Hiring, interviewing and assessing of employee performance
- Schedule & confirm staff according to bookings to ensure there are enough staff booked at all times to meet client to staff ratio.
- Responsible for supervising, communicating, and training program support workers and organize annual staff meetings as well as circulating required policies and procedures for review and acknowledgement as required.
- Possess knowledge of emergency protocol procedures and ensure staff are fully aware
- Collect and review Respite Program staff time-sheets and provide data for payroll processing.
- Ensuring acceptable performance levels and completion of duties as assigned, inclusive of personal care, program delivery, housekeeping etc.
Operational Integrity/ Governance & Safety
- Adherence to policy and procedures
- Complete all documentation related to medication and its administration and ensure there is follow up daily to ensure all medication is being administered and documented accurately.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate programs and recreational activities for people with developmental/physical disabilities in our Respite Program.
- Identify and recommend programs that should be executed depending on client’s needs and abilities.
- Responsible for ensuring all supplies, including meals and groceries, linens, washroom supplies are replenished as needed and communicating same to the ADP Assistant.
- Administrative duties as required including filing, mail outs, errands.
- Experience, knowledge, educational background in working with adults with developmental and/or physical disabilities
- Organizational Skills
- Computer skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Managerial skills desirable
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent