Position Summary Under the direct supervision of the Building Services Manager and/or designate and in accordance with established policies and procedures, this position performs a variety of cleaning duties such as sweeping and damp mopping floors; cleaning and vacuuming carpets; dusting and polishing furniture; picking up and delivering laundry; collecting and delivering supplies, laundry, carts; picking up and disposing of recycling and garbage, and adheres to established infection control procedures.
Responsibilities Includes but not limited to;
1. Cleans areas such as resident’s rooms, floors, stairways, walls, floor, carpets and walkways by vacuuming, shampooing, damp mopping, dusting and using equipment such as vacuums, carpet washers, and wet/dry vacuum.
2. Cleans items such as furniture, woodwork, shelving, ledges, windows, fixtures, blinds and basins by methods such as washing, sanitizing, wiping, dusting, polishing, and using a variety of cleaning supplies and materials, in accordance with established procedures.
3. Cleans and sanitizes washrooms, toilets, tubs, showers and common areas, replenishes supplies such as toilet paper, paper towel and soap.
4. Strips and make beds, removes soiled laundry, picks up and delivers clean laundry; hangs and/or removes drapes; cleans and tidies areas such as cupboards, lockers and closets.
5. Helps to move supplies, furniture and equipment manually or by using various aides such as carts, dollies, or trolleys.
6. Collects garbage and recycling and removes from building; cleans waste containers.
7. Adheres to facility security policies and procedures by closing windows and doors.
8. Clears snow form walkways and building entrances.
9. Cleans and performs routine procedures on related equipment such as cleaning, checking, replacing filters, bags or pads and topping up fluids.
10. Maintains standards of sanitization and safety by following established policies and procedures. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to the supervisor.
11. Participates in departmental and unit meetings and provides input as required.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications 1. Completion of Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
2. Ability to deal effectively with others
3. Ability to organize work.
4. Ability to operate related equipment