Sodexo Healthcare Canada is seeking an experienced individual to fill the dynamic role as a Casual Cook and join the team supporting patient food service operations at Sechelt Hospital.* The Cook role is entitled to a minimum of 20 hours/week. The owner of the position will be notified of their schedule when the two week schedule is posted. However, days are subject to change, Monday to Sunday. Start and end times are subject to change.. Training is provided.*
Salary: $19.91 per hour
Your role as the Cook includes but is not limited to the following:
- Prepares, serves, deliveries & picks up meals as per service style of the facility
- Ensure clients receive meal as defined by clinical requirements
- Assist patients during meal service
- Pot-washing & dish room duty
- Ensures that all leftover food products are stored properly, according to Sodexo standards
- Assistance in production of food under the direction of the cook and/or management
- Putting away of supplies and restocking of supplies within the kitchen and the facility
- Cleaning of equipment and other cleaning duties as directed by management
- Passes on any customer concerns to supervisor immediately
- Is responsible to perform his/her job according to safe work practices by:
- Learning the safe way to perform duties
- Performing each task in safe manner using equipment provided.
- Reporting all injuries and hazardous conditions to management immediately.
- Supporting the Safety Program in the unit.
- Other tasks, duties and assignments as directed by the supervisor, manager or lead cook.
Who You Are
- Minimum Grade 10 education
- Food Safety certificate Level 1&2
- Red Seal/Serve it right and Cooks papers and/or recent related cooks experience working in a health care environment
- 1-2 years related experience in a health care environment.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- English proficiency, verbal and written.
- HACCP, WHMIS training.
- Have the ability to meet the physical requirements of the position
- Requirement upon hire:
- Current vaccinations records (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Hepatitis A & B, Tuberculosis, Measles, Yearly Influenza (Flu))
- Valid criminal record check through Ministry of Justice
- Have the ability to meet the organizational and physical requirements of the position
- Black slip resistant shoes
Who We Are
Recognized as a strategic partner, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 80 countries, Sodexo serves 75 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Services, Benefits and Rewards Services and Personal and Home Services. Through its more than 100 services, Sodexo provides clients an integrated offering developed through over 50 years of experience. Sodexo’s success and performance are founded on its independence, its sustainable business model and its ability to continuously develop and engage its more than 425,000 employees throughout the world.
Our Commitment to You
- Extended health benefits offered
- Personal and professional growth possibilities
- Continuous learning opportunities and room for advancement
- Incentive plans and employee appreciation events
- Be a part of the Joint Health and Safety Committee and safety education
- Variety of work perks
- Training will be provided for all tasks
- Nationwide locations
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Corporate Citizenship
- Hunger Fighting Initiatives
- Environmentally Conscious
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $19.91 /hour
- Food Safe Level 1 & 2 (Required)
- Cook Certification (Required)