Job Summary: A Dealer Service Specialist II is a front line employee who delivers financial services to customers (dealers/auctions) within a specific geographic area. Through frequent, direct contact with customers, complete a variety of administrative and customer service tasks aimed at increasing revenues and minimizing losses. Must develop competence in the technical aspects of loan processing (floorplanning) and securing and monitoring loans. Assist in business development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Administer Dealer Contracts, including Process Credit Applications; Temporary Increases; Submit Over Line Requests; Line Modifications and Term Changes; Add or Remove Signor Name, Entity and Address Changes; Conduct Annual Reviews of Dealers; Termination of Floorplan. Call dealers (i.e. customer service/courtesy calls, collecting on delinquent accounts) review of delinquent dealer report, and collection of returned checks.
2. Develop a thorough understanding of AFC policies, processes and procedures relative to loan processing (floorplanning) and securing the loans.
3. Daily completion of prospective borrower and current borrower relationship management tasks. Problem analysis, problem solving, and listening skills.
4. Analyze portfolio and look for red flags related to possible loss concerns (i.e. watch trends in lot audits, review portfolio to ensure no sudden changes in buying/selling patterns, review dealer submitted documents to look for fraud/deceit).
5. Communicate potential loss situations to Branch Manager as soon as identified. Assist in efforts to take possession of vehicles or other property used to secure loans and acts as AFC’s agent/representative in legal matters, as required.
6. Use spreadsheet and other automated or manual processes to prepare required documentation and reports.
7. Use automated or manual processes to monitor dealer transactions. Collect payments from delinquent dealers, account for property used to secure loans, and to document business activities (to include those related to “over credit line”, late payments, returned checks, note repayments, and “out of trust” situations).
8. Assist in sales and growth of the branch’s portfolio (i.e. be able to field incoming sales inquiries, be able to up sell current customers), assist in marketing mailers and sales campaign of the branch.
9. Understand the applicable laws and codes for their assigned geographic area and operates in compliance with them.
10. Capability to be a self starter, motivator, independent thinker, along with multi-tasking abilities.
11. Other duties, as assigned.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
Some post high school course work in related field is preferred. One (1) to three (3) years of relevant experience required. At least one (1) year of collection experience preferred. Familiarity with concepts, procedures and processes typically used in automotive and financial services industries. Preparation or review of documents and reports using Microsoft Office based products, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools and internal work queues are major components of the position. Good organizational, clerical and verbal communication skills. Must have proficient numeric ability and reasoning. Telephone, computer literacy, software competencies, specifically standard or custom financial systems. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook along with internet. Motor vehicle operator (required); notary (desired). Occasional local travel.
Physical and Visual Requirements
Position requires walking, sitting, and standing. Driving an automobile to customer premises or supported auctions may be required for the purpose of verifying make/model/VIN of automobiles or conducting other AFC business development activities. Preparation or review of documents and reports using pen/pencil, calculator, or keyboard is a major component of the position.
Environmental - Atmospheric Conditions
Varying climates, weather conditions, and walking surfaces, inside and outside. Occasional exposure to fumes, odors, gases, compounds or dusts endemic to auto industry.
Automotive Finance Corporation (a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services) drives talent to opportunity. We have the best in the business and are relentlessly focused on the growth of our people. We move quickly, have an unwavering commitment to our customers and communities and have fun while we are at it. Up for the challenge? Put yourself in the driver seat and enjoy the ride.
Company: Automotive Finance Corporation