Whitemud Ironworks Limited is the largest open shop commercial fabricator/erector in Western Canada. We are a fully integrated steel fabricator and erector that specializes in structural and miscellaneous steel projects in the commercial sector.
We are recognized as an industry leader. Due to our reputation, we have grown substantially over the past 25+ years with established construction crews and 3 fabrication facilities across BC and Alberta totaling over 100,000 square feet.
What we offer:
- Competitive wage
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP matching
- Professional growth and development
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Tekla Detailer to join our detailing team in Surrey, BC. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to advance their career with a reputable, growing organization!
What you will do:
- Review and interpret contracts, drawings and other documentation to determine information required for drafting
- Perform structural modeling and detailing from both in-house designed and externally provided engineering packages
- Develop shop and erection drawings for miscellaneous and structural steel using Tekla 3D modeling and drafting
- Prepare detail drawings of beams, columns, girts, joists, stairs, handrails, and connections
- Provide technical clarifications to shop and field personnel to support their work and prevent costly interruption due to lack of information
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications, design data and building codes, and ensure any changes in scope are reported to the Drafting Manager
- Comply with requirements of the design drawings and with CISC standards and CWB codes
- Perform site visits, attend meetings with engineers and technicians, and facilitate communication with clients
- Initiate and prepare RFI's (Request For Information) and follow-up as needed
Who we’re looking for:
- Minimum 7 years' experience in structural steel detailing
- Proficient in the use of Tekla Structures
- A diploma in Engineering Design and Drafting Technology or another relevant field from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting structural and architectural design drawings
- Knowledge in building codes and CISC and AISC standards for structural steel, as well as provincial building codes, AWS and CWB welding symbols
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills to maintain frequent contact with general contractors and other outside parties for clarification and/or explanation
Interested in joining our team?
If this position is of interest to you, please submit your cover letter and resume via Indeed.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by the Human Resources Department for an initial phone interview. Due to a high volume of applications, we are not accepting phone inquiries at this time.
Whitemud Ironworks Limited is not accepting agency resumes for this position at the moment.
Come and join us on a venture towards continued growth and success!
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Company pension
- Vacation & paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Casual dress
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.00 to $37.00 /hour
- structural steel detailing: 7 years (Required)
- Tekla: 7 years (Required)