Co-op Engineering Technician - (190002QT)
Coop Engineering Technician
1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- By delegation from the Engineering Manager, Construction Services, the Coop Engineering Technician has responsibility for providing effective and competent support to Intertek Testing Services NA Ltd. in a safe, legal, and ethical manner.
- This is a position which will appeal to a self-motivated individual with a practical background, excellent interpersonal/communication skills, and a solid work ethic, coupled with gaining experience in the construction industry.
2. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- Conduct Laboratory and field materials testing on concrete, soil and aggregate materials to within CCIL certification for Concrete and Aggregate.
- Conduct field and laboratory testing on materials and geotechnical for various clients throughout the Greater Vancouver Area.
- Conduct field materials sampling on materials, geotechnical and environmental projects as required working with Engineering Manager and Senior Materials Technician.
- Carrying out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with total adherence to: The Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures, Quality Management System, Compliance and Ethics Policies, Vision, Mission and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
3. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
- The Coop Engineering Technician will not have personnel responsibility or authority.
4. SUPERVISION RECEIVED
- The Coop Engineering Technician will receive assignments from the Senior Materials Technician or the Engineering Manager, Construction Services.
5. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Completed at least two years of school in the Engineering Field (Civil Preferred).
- Available for eight months paid work assignment.
- Ability to complete certification as a CCIL Concrete Technician for Field Category “0” and for Laboratory Category “1”.
- Knowledgeable in soil, aggregate, geotechnical and concrete materials testing.
- Familiar with civil engineering construction QA/QC inspection and test standards and procedures to ASTM and CSA standards.
6. CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written format.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Effective business writing and composition skills with a good command of the English language.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office software proficiency.
Coquitlam Brigantine Drive 1500 Brigantine Drive Coquitlam V3K 7C1
CAN20:Intertek Testing Services NA Ltd
Nov 13, 2019, 9:25:33 AM