Hatch Interior Design Inc. is a full service firm specializing in small to medium commercial, and multi-family projects. We are dedicated to providing our clients with creative solutions that are highly functional and help to strengthen their brand. We are fortunate to work in a variety of sectors including workplace, hospitality, health care and retail.
Our boutique firm is looking to add a Senior Interior Designer to join our talented team. Our collaborative approach and no-drama environment provide an enjoyable and fulfilling working experience and we are careful to ensure the right candidate will be a great addition to our culture.
If you meet the below qualifications, please submit your resume and current portfolio, as well as your earliest date of availability.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years of experience in Commercial Interior Design & Project Management.
- Preference for Registered Interior Designer or CIDQ Certification.
- Proficiency in AutoCad and Sketch Up; Adobe Creative Suite and Enscape a preference.
- Strong working knowledge and application of the British Columbia Building Code.
- Must demonstrate the ability to execute a project from concept to completion through past project examples, communicating how functionality and brand were considered and incorporated.
- Ability to complete and facilitate projects in accordance Hatch Interior Design’s project standards.
- Ability to create and administer full construction drawings packages and specifications for a variety of project types.
- Ability to execute tender and project administration phases of a project and competently prepare appropriate documentation during these phases.
- Understand the requirements of the plans, life safety issues, building codes and other technical aspects; knowledgeable in the areas of design, drawing and details, finishes and building materials, specifications, codes, technical drawing, contract administration and business practices.
- Ability to read, understand and translate technical drawings, including architectural, mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Leadership and management skills, able to prioritize tasks and keep team motivated.
- Conduct product research and maintain project manual specifications.
- Professional, client service oriented and positive representative of the Studio, foster and cultivate good client relationships.
- Independently manage day-to-day operations of Interior Design projects within the Company while working with the Principals to resolve issues.
- Ensure each client receives top-tier customer service in a personable yet professional way.
- Be a positive role model for colleagues and other Interior Designers.
- Provide mentorship to Junior and Intermediate Interior Designers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Anyone visiting the office is required to wear a mask. We are also flexible on some hours spent working from home to ensure proper distancing within our team.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Interior Design: 6 years (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place