A Houseperson, you would be responsible for cleaning and maintaining designated areas of the hotel per Houseperson checklist and responding to guest requests in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service.
Be able to work in a standing position for long periods (up to 8 hours).
Ability to grasp, bend; and stop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 75 lbs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to WHIMIS regulations and hotel requirements.
· Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and general appearance of public areas and corridors of the hotel.
· Removing dirty linens from room attendant’s carts when needed.
· Sweeping and vacuuming floors, hallways, ledges and stairwells.
· Picking up trash from parking lot, trashcans and garden areas.
· Deliver and remove cots, refrigerators, cribs, irons, amenities to and from guest rooms
· Unloads truck shipments when needed
· Move, arrange and clean the winter mats
· Assist with spreading calcium/stone around exits when needed
· Vacuums and clean guest hallways, elevators, carpet edges, stairwells, and walls.
· Clean guest floors lobbies and amenities areas (vending, ice and chute areas)
· Clean designated areas including, but not limited to, restrooms, gym area, gym equipment, public and lobby areas, offices and banquet/meeting/conference rooms and restaurant
· Perform tasks including, but not limited to, dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, shampooing carpets, washing windows, cleaning/waxing floors, deliver coffee to the lunch room, removing and disposing of trash and emptying ashtrays and pick up the cigarettes buts around hotel.
· Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair
· Stock and maintain supply rooms, when needed (once a week)
· Perform deep cleaning tasks and special projects (for example: mattress flipping, furniture moves, etc.), as needed
· Deliver guest requests/amenities, assists guests, and assist in cleaning guest rooms, when needed
· Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts to storages.
· Clean hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, and other work areas to meet the company standards.
· Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
· Replenish supplies, such as drinking water, linens, supplies, and bathroom items.
· Keep storage areas well stocked, clean, and tidy.
· Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, using vacuum cleaners, steam and shampoo machine. Deliver and pick up dehumidifier and blowers to affected areas.
· Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
· Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guest property and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
· Pick up, restock, deliver and put away any stock received or ask by the guests or housekeeping leaders.
· Ensure that all health and safety standards are follow.
· Scrub with appropriated machines and chemicals the swimming pool area floor.
· Remove debris from driveways, garages, and swimming pool areas.
· Flexible to work any shift, which includes weekdays, weekends and PM shifts.
· Reporting any defects or problems encountered to maintenance.
· Fill up the water dispensers, coffee containers.
· Delivering special request item, playpens, cribs, guest laundry, parcels to guest rooms.
· Assisting Front Desk with different tasks when needed.
· Clean rooms when business occupancy is needed.
· Clean guest Laundry and machines.
· Assisting Laundry department with stripping, folding and delivering of laundry when business levels is high.
· Clean the washing machines, laundry, chute and behind the dryer’s area after laundry staff finish.
· To assist with inventory controls.
· To assist with team member orientation/training within the department.
· To maintain standard of punctuality, uniform/name tag, dress code appropriate to position and personal hygiene.
· To attend meetings and training as required and to recognize the importance of contributing new ideas and initiative to the overall success of the operation.
· To contribute to the security of the building, company asset and guest/co-workers safety with full adherence to security procedures with proper handling of keys.
· Completes other reasonable requests by supervisor
· Adhere to all matters relating to Code of Conduct, health, safety and emergency procedures.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to $18.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- housekeeping: 1 year (preferred)