Extendicare recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, patients, team members and visitors from COVID-19. As such, subject to medical exemptions, a condition of employment with Extendicare is requiring that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
DIETARY AIDE (Casual) – Extendicare Viking
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Candidates are invited to apply for the part-time position (16 hours biweekly) of Dietary Aide in our 60-bed long-term care facility located in Viking, Alberta.
Reporting to the Dietary Manager, the Dietary Aide assists with food preparation and serving of meals. Cleans eating, cooking, storage, serving areas and equipment. Follows established policies, procedures and standards.
- Serves food to residents according to individual diets and preferences. Observes time limits for meal serving. Maintains foods at proper serving temperature.
- Assists Cooks to clean and prepare such uncooked food as salads, vegetables and fruits. Follows basic instructions in preparing such simple foods as breakfast items, basic desserts and garnishes.
- Clears plates and trays, loads and operates dishwasher. Cleans pots, pans and cooking utensils as per procedure.
- Participates in proper storage and labeling of dietary supplies and food, including leftovers.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
- Assembles nourishment carts. Stocks unit kitchenettes.
- Participates in facility meetings as assigned. Attends in-service education programs.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Previous dietary experience preferred
- Applicants must have a Food Service Worker Certificate, or be enrolled in the FSW program. Applicants must also have a Food Handler’s Safety Certificate.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to read and write English as well as to understand simple verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Must be able to do moderate to heavy lifting
- Successful candidate must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
CLOSING DATE: Sept 31st, 2021
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of: