Crosbie provides multi-discipline fabric maintenance support services and deck services to the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry. Our scope of services includes: scaffolding, coatings, insulation, passive fire and blast protection, composite pipe repair, positive pressure habitats, industrial cleaning, deck and crane operations, radio operations and rigging and slinging. We have an immediate need for Industrial Insulators for the producing platforms offshore Newfoundland and Labrador.
This position is primarily for offshore…. If all positions in Newfoundland and Labrador are successfully filled and there are qualified applicants in the pool, we will also consider your application for potential opportunities MacKinnon & Olding (M&O), a Crosbie Member Company.
M&O is one of Eastern Canada’s trusted providers of onshore industrial services to the marine sector. In recent years, it has become an active participant in the National Shipbuilding Strategy, providing marine construction and maintenance of vessels at Davie Shipyard in Quebec. As the largest subcontractor onsite, M&O is recognized for their commitment to client service, safety, and its people.
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications to determine insulation requirements;
- Measure and cut insulating material and coverings;
- Select the amount and type of insulation to be installed as well as a method of securing the insulation;
- Apply and secure insulation using appropriate installation method;
- Fit insulation around obstructions or shape insulation materials and protective coverings;
- Install vapor barriers and finish insulated surfaces;
- Adopt safe working practices and promote safety awareness.
- Maintain the condition, quantity, quality and usability of all materials and equipment
- Anchor insulation with spot welded pins, tire wires, metal bands, screws and other fasteners
Possess the following valid certificates:
- Journeyperson Certificate
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive (Enform)
- Workplace NL Fall Protection
- Workplace NL Confined Space Entry Level 2
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems (WHMIS)
- First Aid
- Experience in insulation and sheet metal theory and practice; and
- Awareness of insulation jackets and high temperature applications
- Familiar with the compliance requirements of waste management
Work With Us
As a 4th generation family business, Crosbie is a leader in the offshore oil & gas, marine construction, and commercial and residential real estate markets. A growth-oriented company, Crosbie is both focused on its core markets and investing in new and emerging sectors.
With its head office located in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, Crosbie have additional locations in the Maritimes, the United States and Guyana.
Having been in business for well over a century, Crosbie has continuously adapted to changing industry demands. Safely providing superior client-focused solutions, Crosbie merges world-class expertise with local, deeply held values.
Crosbie is part of Best Managed Companies, Canada's leading business award program that recognizes excellence by privately-owned Canadian companies. Annually, hundreds of entrepreneurial companies compete for this designation in a rigorous process. Crosbie has successfully received this highly competitive designation each year since 2015, an acknowledgment of the company's exceptional business performance in a fast-changing world.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Crosbie is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
If you require this job advertising in an alternate format or require accessibility supports to complete your application, please contact us immediately or contact our community partners at Inclusion NL to access the supports you require.
([email protected] inclusionNL.ca or 709-697-3323).
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply
Job Type: Casual
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newfoundland and Labrador: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person