The Night Dispatcher is responsible for planning, dispatching and troubleshooting. They will be responsible for operational issues that carry over from or arise outside the regular hours of operation. This includes maintaining communication and data integrity throughout in order to prevent systemic service failures.
As a Night Dispatcher you will ensure the day to day commitments to our customers are executed as promised. Your creative ability to find solutions and develop relationships will play a key role in achieving customer loyalty and profitable business growth. The ideal candidate will be someone who is customer focused, detailed oriented and strives to ensure customer commitments are delivered.
Schedule: 11 PM to 7 AM (Graveyard)
Days: Tuesday to Saturday
- US Dispatching in the early morning
Plan loads efficiently
- Plan start times of the drivers to reflect XTL needs
Manage drivers overtime
Create manifests through US/ Canadian customs portal
Ensure US & Canadian paperwork is in order (ACI/ACE/PARS).
Work with the maintenance department to ensure that we have the equipment necessary to service the customer needs.
Coordinate pickup and delivery appointments at customer locations.
Deal with any customs issues that may arise
Ensure all satellite messages are answered promptly and efficiently, forwarding or following-up on all those that need it.
Pro-actively plan for contingencies in order to prevent service failures.
Ensure all drivers have confirmed their loads.
Schedule and secure resources (driver, equipment, etc) in order to achieve planned logistics orders.
Ensure all EDI orders are accepted, updated and reflected accurately
Update appointments as per customer requests.
Process driver pays accurately and in a timely manner
Report any disciplinary issues to the Operations Supervisor and Human Resources.
Monitor performance and investigate failures to determine root cause and corrective action. Determine if you need to get Safety and HR involved.
Communicate load assignments to drivers and resolving driver issues if any occur.
Provide assistance and coverage for all departments as needed by management
Improve driver retention by providing Excellent Customer Service and always being fair with all drivers.
Ensuring absolute data integrity when arranging, managing and executing orders
Communicate staffing needs to HR and Operations Supervisor.
Communicate any and all disciplinary issues to Operations Supervisor and Human Resources.
Monitor Road & Weather Conditions, keeping Drivers Informed, if there is delay to f foresee, do the necessary changes in order to service customer on time.
- Must have minimum 2+ years of experience
- Transportation industry knowledge and experience an asset
- Customs knowledge and experience an asset
- Must have strong geographical knowledge
- Knowledge of US and CDN transport regulations including hours of service
- Knowledge of (AS/400, Excel and Lotus notes) an asset
- Candidate must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to evaluate data and options for action and to reach sound conclusions
- Must be team player with strong commitment to quality and customer service
- Able to deal with sensitive issues in a tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times
- Able to work well under pressure
- Flexible, able to deal with change
- Very organized, with excellent multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to work in a team atmosphere