Who is BGRS?
BGRS develops and implements comprehensive talent mobility solutions for corporate and government clients worldwide. With deep industry experience and unparalleled insights on the future of talent mobility, we enable our clients to craft mobility programs that will empower them to attract, retain and develop top performers.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Accounting, the Senior Accountant (12 months contract) is responsible for supporting the accounting on a portfolio of the company's domestic and international relocation operations, as well as responsible for technical accounting, statutory reporting and support of the internal controls program for the Company's global relocation operations.
What You'll Be Doing
The Corporate Accounting team is responsible for providing high quality customer service through delivery of the following functions:
The particular functions of the role are expected to include:
- Accounting operations, monthly close activities, and related analysis;
- Consolidated reporting to the parent company;
- Technical accounting research and analysis;
- Support of the company-wide internal controls program, including participation in the drafting, review and testing of current processes and control;
- Support of the relationship with the company's external auditors and the statutory reporting processes for the company's global operations.
Accounting operations, monthly close activities and related analysis
- Accounting and analysis for segments of the company's worldwide Relocation accounting operations, balances and transactions;
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial reporting to management and audited statutory, regulatory and/or financing-related financial statements in accordance with IFRS, regional GAAP and other statutory accounting requirements, as required;
- Maintaining integrity of balance sheet including maintenance of standardized reconciliations;
- Ensuring compliance with IFRS, regional GAAP and other statutory accounting requirements;
- Supporting the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts and related analysis;
- Liaising and working closely with the Treasury, Tax, Financial Planning and Analysis and Client Accounting functions to leverage and promote cross functional expertise and efficiencies;
- Liaising with operations teams, as required, to meet their financial reporting and accounting needs.
- Provide technical accounting support in complex areas, primarily under International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Research relevant accounting guidance and related application literature to develop well-reasoned technical accounting policies and treatments in the context of company-specific facts, circumstances and transactions.
- Support the business and finance teams in assessing internal controls, providing recommendations, and in implementing new control strategies where necessary;
- Maintain controls and procedures over the accounting and related processes within the scope of the role;
- Applying observations and recommendations to operational issues, particularly concerning areas of risk and controls.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to accounting teams in planning and executing the company's global statutory audits;
- Proactively identify and resolve potential audit issues in relation to technical accounting and controls matters, as required.
What You Bring to BGRS
- Completed professional accounting designation (Chartered Professional Accountant, CA), with 1-2 years' experience in a mid-level finance or accounting position, preferably in the Service Industry with an international company, or 1-2 years post-qualification experience in public accounting;
- Familiarity with risk-control frameworks and the development, implementation and/or testing of internal controls (Sarbanes Oxley experience preferred);
- Demonstrated understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Independent, proactive and well organized with strong analytical and effective decision-making skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively across lines of business and functions;
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and presentation;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast paced environment;
- Strong knowledge of MS office applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 (ERP System) and/or Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) is a plus;
- To be successful in this role, the candidate should be a self starter who can adapt to changing environments and technology with ease. The candidate should possess a positive attitude and conduct themselves with a high degree of professionalism.
What BGRS Offers
- Competitive salary and incentive plans
- Workplace flexibility for a balanced work/life approach
- Comprehensive benefits packages and wellness program
- Generous company-paid vacation days and holiday time
- Challenging, collaborative, diverse corporate culture
- Ongoing opportunities for learning and career development
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, BGRS embraces diversity and, as such; is dedicated to considering all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy and parenting status, protected veteran status and any other characteristic protected by law. Employment may be subject to additional background checks, drug testing and fingerprint processing.