City & State:
Burnaby, BC, CA, V5B 3B3
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
The Bakery Trainer position is a 12 month contract role.
The goal of this position is to support bakery overall performance enhancing all department employees – union and non-union - knowledge and competencies on safety, food safety and manufacturing practices within company’s Core Values, Policies and programs.
This position main focus will be to implement and maintain our bakery training program. It will also assist the HS&S Manager with implementing and maintaining HS&S programs.
This position is responsible for
- Develop and maintaining related training matrix and records and ensure compliance throughout
- Support HS&S Manager in all areas of training and safety/sustainability.
- Develop and maintain relevant training material in regards to topics and audience
- Deliver – in classroom and on the floor - training to all bakery positons including new hires and temporary employee orientation
- Maintain training matrix and all relevant training documents and ensure records are up to date
- Support monthly training program completion for all departments
- Identify bakery departments needs in regards to SOP requirements
- Support development/draft of SOP with safety, food safety and efficiency in mind
- Deliver classroom and hands on SOP training and ensure follow up to achieve adherence
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement in all areas of training and safety
- Provide feedback on training outlines, instructional materials, aids and manuals and determine instruction methods depending on audience
- Train employees at workstations on the bakery floor, and in classroom both in individual and group session
- Update training matrix on a regular basis and provide all Departments Managers/Supervisors vision on training schedule of their team
- Support monthly training per the corporate program
- Deliver group and individual SOP training
- Plan and schedule training sessions to ensure adherence of the training program, maintain compliance (re-training) there after including new hires
- Conduct new employee training and orientation sessions
- Adhere to GMPs and Health and Safety rules as outlined in employee handbook
o Keep work area clean and clear of hazards
o Report any unsafe conditions, incidents or injuries to supervisor immediately
- Ensure GMP’s and safe food handling practices are being followed
o Monitor and enforce GMP compliance by all operators
o Ensure all work areas are clean and organized and free of spills, water, wood, and debris
o Follow up with Health, Safety & Security Manager any reports of unusual people or behaviors
- Primarily in contact with:
o EHSS Manager- Daily or as needed
o Human Resource Manager & Coordinator – Daily or As needed
o Bakery Director – Reporting issues and setting direction - Daily or as needed.
o Employees & Supervisors – daily/as necessary.
o Government Departments - as needed.
- Perform all other duties assigned
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION
- Ability to work independently and under limited supervision
- Ability to get the job done while engaging people
- Demonstrated successful team problem solving, conflict resolution and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to present a variety of material to a variety of audiences
- Capable of accurate and timely document keeping
- Ability to evaluate responsive programs and initiatives including training plans, curricula, and methodology
- Teaching and facilitation skills both in classroom and on the job. Proven peer training ability
- Sound decision making and organizational skills
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn new skills/environment
- Thorough proficiency in MS Office particularly Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- High degree of personal ethics, integrity and accountability
- Familiarity with adult learning principles and strategy
- Proven experience in completion of multiple training topics/type in a manufacturing environment
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.