CSPN – WHAT WE DO – OUR PASSION
Our vision is to radically change the way organizations serve their customers. We do this by providing consulting services on customer experience as well as through the development and delivery of instructor-led training.
Name any company in the world and we will wager that their top leadership would love to say that 1) my employees are trained and engage and 2) my customers are happy. We help with both.
The team at the Customer Service Professional Network is a collection of passionate trainers, analytical thinkers, and trusted advisors where we value working collaboratively and with a “let’s make magic happen” attitude.
For over 20-years we have supported organizations across all sectors and industries as a trusted partner to design their Customer Experience strategies, empower them with the skills and tools to deliver upon the strategies and sustain their implementation through a community of CX professionals.
Interested in changing the employee and customer experiences for the better? Come join us!
A contract facilitator serves a key function for CSPN and is accountable for executing training workshops on behalf of the organization. A CSPN contract facilitator may be called upon to train a vast array of participants, depending on the program and client. Participants may include line-level employees, managers and upper executives from a wide variety of industries. Other participants may include individuals seeking professional development to advance in their profession or to improve their personal skills.
For this position, facilitators are required to be located in the Western Canada, specifically Vancouver, British Columbia.
You will thrive at CSPN if you can:
The core responsibility of a CSPN contract facilitator is to provide training and facilitation expertise and execute training for CSPN’s clients. The contract facilitator’s relationship is with CSPN directly. CSPN secures the client contract and then contracts the facilitator to fulfill the training which can last anywhere from a half-day to multiple weeks.
- Post-secondary education and certificate in Adult Education, or Certified Training Practitioner (CTP), or an equivalent combination of education and on the job experience
- Experience in adult learning theory and instructional design methodology
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in facilitation and is currently active in training and facilitation for diverse client groups
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
- Indigenous Status is an asset
- As CSPN clients are located throughout the Province, a vehicle is necessary for this position.
- Able to gain a deep understanding of the goals of the program and the organization
- Relationship building and management skills with a focus on delivery superior customer service
- Able to react quickly and positively to possible adverse classroom situations
- Strong time management and organizational skills with acute attention to detail
All interested candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter that explains your educational and work background and 2-3-year education and career goals to CSPN. Please include the job title in the email subject line.
We thank all candidates who take the time to apply, however given the number of applications received only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract