Estimated Work Start Date: 02-Dec-2019
Estimated Work End Date: 31-Mar-2020
Experience and Role Accountabilities
Education and Skills
Musts for candidates:
- Well-developed analytical ability with two (2) years of demonstrated work experience in analysis and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of database queries and generating reports using SQL and other relational database programming languages and tools.
- Ability to utilize spreadsheet applications such as Excel to an advanced level.
- Ability to operate ticketing (incident/problem management) systems such as BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, SalesForce.
- Knowledge of escalation protocols in order to raise trouble tickets with application management, data collection and field services groups.
Additional Skills for a strong candidate:
- Ability to use a variety of Smart Metering specific applications particularly those from Itron and Cisco: OpenWay Reporting System (ORS), OpenWay Collection Engine (CE), Network Management System (NMS), Field Network Director (FND) and Grid Director. There are similar applications for products from other Smart Metering companies such as Landis & Gyr, Silver Springs, GE, and others.
- Understanding of rates and billing in an Enterprise System, i.e. SAP.
- Familiar with large information systems; file and data management; file transfer and processing protocols.
- Understanding of utility grid operations protocols and procedures.
- Understanding of electric fundamentals, including volts, amps, kWh, demand, phases, and an understanding of power factors for Commercial and Industrial (C&I) customers.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract