For over 25 years Royal Camp Services ltd has been Western Canadas premier remote camp catering company. We provide catering solutions for small camps consisting of just a few clients to major camp projects necessitating hundreds of clients.
We are currently looking to add a Baker-Breakfast to work in a remote site with 100-350 clients.
Reporting to the Chef, a Baker-Breakfast ensures our clients are delivered an exceptional culinary experience by producing a variety of baked goods and providing a great morning meal. Acting as the supervisor on the night shift, the Baker-Breakfast is also responsible for the food safety and quality of food prepared within the night shift.
Job duties can include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of breakfast
- Demonstrate mastery of all aspects of scratch and par baking (i.e., breads, pastries, cakes, cookies, squares, etc.)
- Demonstrate creativity in baking production creating variety for each type of baked good
- Assist Chef with meal preparation, inventory management, and ordering
- Accommodate various diets including vegetarian, vegan, cultural, food allergies, and other specific requests
- Able to safely use, clean, and maintain all kitchen equipment
- Supervise, manage, train, mentor, and direct other kitchen staff
- Ensure all daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning tasks are completed
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures as per task, equipment usage, or PPE requirements
- Assist in unloading the grocery truck
- All other duties as assigned
What we offer:
- 2-5 years of relevant baker-breakfast experience
- Must supply own travel to our transport sites located in Edmonton, AB and Grande Prairie, AB
- Red Seal Baker or Cook Certification an asset
- Post-secondary culinary education considered an asset
- Must have a valid Standard First Aid certification and an Alberta Health Services approved Food Safety Certificate
- Proven ability to lead a team, including strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Available to work a night shift
- Must be able to lift, move, push, pull, and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Available to work multiple rotations including but not limited to 21-7, 10-4, 9-5, and 14-7
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (including reading, writing, and speaking English)
- Be able to provide at least 2 professional work references
- Opportunities for advancement through internal promotions
- A strong safety culture emphasizing training and awareness so that you come home safely
- Competitive industry wages which outperform similar jobs in urban areas
- Benefits package available following probationary period
- High performing coworkers who will help you excel and adapt to a remote camp environment
Due to the safety sensitive nature of our positions employees are required to successfully complete a site pre-access drug and alcohol test. Furthermore, employees are required to successful complete site specific training and orientations.
Due to the volume of applications received phone calls, walk-ins and / or faxed resumes will not be accepted.