Phillips & Cohen Associates (Canada), Ltd, the industry leader in compassionate engagement services with offices located throughout the globe, is seeking Consumer Care Specialists to join its collections team. The incumbent will proactively and professionally engage with customers to resolve outstanding account balances. Key characteristics of a successful Consumer Care Specialist include excellent communication skills, ability to prioritize, empathy, active listening, and business appropriate technical skills.
- Easily-accessible, Class-A office building built in compliance with the highest environmental standards (LEED® Certification) and ample employee parking.
- Luxurious office environment.
- Cafeteria and free access to an onsite fitness centre, outdoor terrace, and bicycle storage area; dry-cleaning/laundry service available as well.
- Effectively communicate with consumers in a professional and fair manner to evaluate account circumstances and work towards timely re-payment of outstanding balances.
- Maintain and manage the queue of file in-line with applicable regulation, company procedures, and customer service best practices.
- Provide requested correspondence and/or account documentation and follow-up to ensure receipt.
- Resolve questions, discrepancies, complaints, and disputes pertaining to outstanding account balances timely and completely.
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics; achieve minimum requirements on all key performance indicators, including quality assurance and compliance reviews.
- Annotate account records to reflect recovery efforts and outcomes and maintain current consumer contact information, payment arrangement details, and other relevant data.
- Comply with guidelines and rules established by national and provincial regulators and all other regulating authorities.
- High School diploma or equivalent; some college is preferred.
- 2+ years of debt collection experience, preferably in a 3rd-party agency.
- Fully bilingual (English/French) fluency.
- 2+ years of customer service experience.
- Working knowledge of commonly-used management concepts, practices, and procedures.
Anticipated start date: October 14, 2019.
*Key attributes; Commitment; Compliance; Compassion; Innovation; Professional; Confidence; Self-Starter; Creativity; Independence; Motivation; Communication; Behavior Management; Fair;
About Phillips & Cohen Associates (Canada), Ltd.
PCA provides equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Debt Collections: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)