JOB IDENTIFICATION: Library Clerk
Under the supervision of the Principal or teacher librarian, is responsible for the efficient operation of the
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
01. Shelves and maintains inventory and circulation of all books, periodicals and other curriculum resource
02. Prepares books for rebinding and discards outdated and obsolete materials.
03. Supervises circulation of and provides routine maintenance to audio-visual equipment such as
videocassette recorders, projectors, and video cameras.
04. Assists students with research.
05. Supervises students using library.
06. Performs office procedures including statistical reports, filing, keyboarding.
07. Prepares and organizes displays.
08. Performs data entry to computerised library system.
09. Provides a good role model.
10. Displays excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
11. Maintains safe work practices.
01. Grade 12 or equivalent.
02. Basic computer skills.
For CUPE (Local 173) For School District No. 74 (Gold Trail)
Last printed 10/20/2011 9:28:00 AM