NVS Professional Corporation is a small/ medium sized accounting firm that has operated out of Markham Ontario for the last 19 years, and most recently in Barrie. The firm has seen a few different iterations in leadership and has evolved its service offering to both grow the firm and broaden the appeal of the firm to potential customers.
NVS has a highly qualified Accounting and Auditing group consisting of Partners, managers and other professional staff who provide different levels of financial statement analysis and preparation depending on the needs of the client. They are responsible for the timely preparation of the following:
- Interim and quarterly review engagements
- Notice to Reader engagements – Compilations of the client’s financial information
- Preparation of financial information
Senior staff accountants are responsible for planning and executing assigned audit and review engagements assuming a high degree of responsibility over the assurance team.
Please note that having access to a vehicle is mandatory.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Planning the engagement using a risk based approach while working closely with both clients and the manager. Leading planning meetings and communicating the engagement plan to the team members. Ensuring files are set up and all individuals assigned to the engagement are trained in their assigned areas.
- Inquire of manager about any tests or procedures that may be unclear throughout the audit
- Report to the manager and partners any matters encountered that may adversely affect the outcome of the audit. In addition, discuss issues with the managers or partners that may require modifications to the audit plan.
- Gather all pertinent information for the notes to the financial statements, drafting the notes as required under ASPE and IFRS, as and gathering management letter points
- Summarize agreements/documents; identify all relevant points
- Complete the tax matters schedule
- Initiate discussions with the manager to make him/her aware of the status of your file
- Monitor the time spent on any individual sections of the file by recording actual time incurred
- Monitor the staff assigned to the engagement to ensure that their sections are being completed in a timely manner
- Review the work of the junior and intermediate staff and ensure that their review notes are cleared in time
- Assist the junior and intermediate staff with complexities in their sections.
- Follow up on outstanding issues with the engagement team and ensure that all their sections have been completed and review notes have cleared.
- Update Caseware/Caseview for any additional adjusting entries as provided by the manager/partner
- Ensure that all the area in the file have been signed off by the manager and partners and the files is closed following necessary procedures.
Skill set and Education requirements
- Completed postsecondary institution in the BBA or B.com program
- Working towards the CPA, CA designation (an asset)
- 3+ years of experience in assurance
- Strong accounting and auditing skills including working knowledge of ASPE, IFRS, ASFNPO
- Knowledge of caseware/caseview an asset
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize functions
- Demonstrate superior leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal with the ability to liaise with the senior client representatives
Job Type: Full-time, permanent.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Caseware/Caseview: 1 year (Preferred)