Here is a unique opportunity to join the CGI team located downtown Montreal. Reporting to a manager, in the Technologies and Infrastructure, the chosen candidate will act as the systems administrator in a virtual Windows environment.
Role and responsibilities :
- To be point of contact for all servers and network installations.
- To deploy new systems and document the implementation thereof through a build book.
- Create custom powershell scripts and test procedures to automate procedures and ensure operational resiliency.
- Install physically and virtually IT equipment.
- Install, modify and support systems and software on IT systems (server).
- Apply security patches on servers and improve administration tools and public services.
- Create, manage and support user accounts.
- Monitor system performance, configuration and alerts.
- Elaborate procedures and implement software to maintain systems security and protect the systems against forbidden usage.
- Elaborate production environment documentation including all servers.
- Investigate onsite issues including performance issues.
- Ensure the Client environment is compliant with latest security policies and solve any security breaches or vulnerabilities assigned to him.
- Ensure Client IT environment is stable and solve any incident/request assigned to him.
- Act as a System Admin expert and be a leader and mentor for other team members.
Project Participation and Implementation
- Lead/Support IT Systems / Security projects (opportunity identification and evaluation, prepare the project charter/plan and/or business case, facilitate the kick-off meeting).
- Lead the testing phase of each project by working with technical team members and key users.
- Lead/Participate in the activities required for implementing systems / security initiatives.
- Lead/Participate in staff/user training.
- Coordinate project reviews.
- Ensure completion of deliverables by the set deadlines.
- Identify opportunities to improve systems and security by leveraging industry best practices and using standard techniques.
- Lead the creation of functional and technical specifications documentation for the projects.
- Lead/Participate in presentations to recommend and explain the full solution to management.
- Work with technical team members to configure the hardware and software components of a solution.
- Coordinate data migration, final preparation, cut-over, and go live.
- Prepare training documentation.
- Plan training sessions with other IT members and/or users and facilitate training sessions.
Client Satisfaction and Support
- Manage Clients' expectations and ensures client satisfaction with the services delivered.
- Proactively communicate the progress on current activities.
- Support systems and applications in his/her area of expertise.
- Lead/Participate in activities that transfer knowledge and skills to new and existing staff members.
- Keep up to date with the best practices in his/her area of expertise and recommend new solutions or process improvement opportunities.
Required Qualifications :
- Windows 2012R2 and above, Exchange 2010 and above, VMware 5.5 and above, Storage (IBM V5000 and V7000), Backup (Commvault and Backupexec), Monitoring (SCOM, Solarwinds and Opsview), Deployment (SCCM, WSUS), Vulnerability assessment (Nessus, Qradar).
Technical or College Diploma, or equivalent.
What you can expect from us:
- Minimum of five (5) years experience with Windows systems management.
- Experience with Datacenters and WAN network (several sites).
- Experience with virtual environments management (VMWare 5.5 or 6).
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 2008-2012R2 servers, Exchange 2010-2013, SQL Server 2005 to 2014, Active Directory, WSUS, Group Policy Objects, LDAP, ACL and NTFS.
- Good knowledge of systems security requirements and implement best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of how to install, configure and support VMWare environments (ESX).
- Good knowledge of how to install, configure and support Monitoring environments (SCOM).
- Good knowledge of how to install, configure and support SAN environments (IBM and Dell).
- Good knowledge of network technologies including Cisco firewalls, routers, switches and security procedures (TCP / IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN, MPLS, WAN and LAN).
- Excellent knowledge of procedures and applications to backup and restore assets (BackupExec, Commvault).
- Good knowledge of hardened servers and environments.
- Skill to manage a team of experts.
- Excellent analysis, investigation and problem solving skills.
- Experience with one of these technologies is an asset: SharePoint, SCCM.
- Knowledge of incident and request management as defined in ITIL.
- Experience in documentation such as: Build book, Run book, Change procedures.
- Microsoft or VMware certification, is an asset.
- Be flexible, willing to travel internationally and work outside normal hours.
- Be registered to Control Goods Program (or Programme des Marchandises Contrôlées).
- IT training and three to five years of relevant experience.
- ITIL certification, an asset.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.