Nesters Market has a new opening for Part Time& Full Time Produce Clerks to join the team at our store located in the Whistler, BC.
Please note: We are accepting all applications, however the ideal candidate with have a flexible schedule with availability for a variety of shifts, including days, evenings and weekends.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Efficiently stock, rotate and display produce in a neat and appealing manner - including watering, trimming and merchandising to ensure quality and freshness
- Provide superior customer service to all guests
- Ensure a clean and sanitary environment
- Willingness to cross train and work in any department
- To perform other duties and tasks assigned, as consistent with the nature and scope of the position
Skills and qualifications:
- Previous retail or customer service experience in a produce / grocery setting an asset
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Superb customer service skills, with a desire to provide a great shopping experience for customers
- Willingness and availability to work a variety of shifts, including: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings & Weekends
- Ability to work in a safe and responsible manner
- Able to work independently or in a collaborative team environment
- Proven track record as a self-starter; dedicated and goal orientated
- Demonstrated high level of communication, interpersonal & conflict resolution skills
- Ability to ensure compliance of established company policy
- Excellent command of the English language both verbal and written
Our commitment to you:
- Competitive wages with starting rates based on experience
- Automatic pay increases based on the number of hours you have worked
- Flexible work environment to fit almost any schedule
- Room for advancement - all new opportunities posted internally first
- Company matched RRSP Program
- For full time positions: Comprehensive benefits package including Dental, Extended Health, Life & Disability
If you feel that you possess the knowledge, skills and abilities mentioned above then we would love to hear from you!
More than one way to apply!
- Respond to this job ad: apply in confidence to Human Resources
- In person: drop off your resume and cover letter at the store - 7019 Nesters Rd, Whistler
- Please be sure to include your work schedule availability in your cover letter
We would like to thank everyone for applying, however due to the volume of applications received only those moving forward to the interview process will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Produce / Fresh Food: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retail / Customer Service : 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Available for shifts on weekends (Preferred)
- Available for shifts on weekdays (Preferred)
- Canadian citizen, PR Holder or Valid work permit (Preferred)
- Able to stand for 8hr shift and lift 20-50lbs regularly (Preferred)
- Available for evening / closing shifts (Preferred)