Reporting to the supervisor, is responsible for providing various accounting, financial, statistical and administrative services to the Community and Health Services Department including time entry, accounts payable and receivable, service provider and operator payments and preparing and processing journal entries; providing financial and statistical recording, monitoring, reconciliation and reporting; and maintaining accounts files and computerized records.
- Processes accounts payable and service provider payments by verifying calculations, ensuring accuracy in price extensions, applying appropriate discounts, matching Purchase Orders and packing slips, investigating and resolving discrepancies, affixing cost distribution and budget coding, preparing cheque and payment requisitions and obtaining appropriate authorization before issuing cheques.
- Assists in the preparation of provincial subsidy claims and reports, as well as regional and provincial budget requests by providing statistical and financial information, as required.
- Maintains filing and information system for service providers including agency budgets, funding requests, financial statements, payments and contract reconciliation.
- Processes bi-weekly time entry lists, ensuring accuracy of information by reviewing data received; verifies and reports sick, CWW and vacation data; enters part-time and casual hours as well as overtime, statutory holiday pay, as provided by the Payroll Division, and on-call/standby submissions.
- Processes information on new hires, terminations, leaves of absence and WSIB forms for Supervisors approval; maintains all information and records.
- Enters hours into time and labour system for review and approval by the Supervisor.
- Responds to enquiries from staff, vendors and service providers on accounts payable and payment matters and ensures timely payments to vendors and service providers.
- Liaises with Controllership Branch.
- Prepares comprehensive monthly monitoring package for program areas from various program related systems and reports.
- Maintains library of automated statistical information for current and prior years; prepares statistical and financial reports as required to meet operational needs
- Provides support for ongoing projects, including monitoring and reporting project progress, developing flow charts and task diagrams, compiling information, providing administrative support, and organizing materials.
- Acts as back-up to other Accounting Clerks, as required.
- Successful completion of a Post Secondary Certificate/Diploma (1 year or more) in Accounting or Business field or related program or approved combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a general accounting field and in developing spreadsheet and/or database applications for financial analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
- Knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures and general office procedures including records management.
- Mathematical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with policies and procedures governing time entry, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by July 8, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.