We are looking for a responsible person to work as a Meat Clerk for the Meat/Seafood Department of Jocelyn's Independent Grocer.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To stock shelves, counters and coolers with product
- To receive meat and check invoices ensuring quantity is accurate and quality of product meets with store standards
- To store meat on trays in an orderly fashion in preparation for wrapping
- To wrap and price meat on trays as required
- To clean the work area ensuring the sanitation of the department meets with store standards
- To follow the store safety procedures at all times
- Adhere to strict cleaning schedule ensuring a high level of cleanliness and sanitation standards
- Maintain product displays and follow store procedures
- Assisting customers whenever possible
- Meat Cutting Experience is an asset, but not necessary, will train the right candidate
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates should have:
- Able to stand for length of the shift (Up to 8hrs)
- Able to lift 80lbs
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Able to work in a temperature controlled environment
- Follow store safety and sanitation practices
- Able to work various shifts - days, evenings and week-ends
- Represent the company in a professional way at all times.
This position is available for Part Time only and applicant must be available anytime.
Due to volume of resumes, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time