For more than 50 years, Walsh LLP has been an integral part of the Alberta legal community. We have a distinct firm culture that encourages lawyers to work together to give clients the tools they need to succeed — at home, in business and in the community. From our offices in Calgary and Okotoks we find solutions for our clients throughout Alberta.
Our goal is to exceed expectations – to go the extra step to deliver results by building strong long term relationships, proactively taking the time to understand our clients’ needs and how the work we do fits into the bigger picture for them and producing accurate, common sense, timely and relevant work. Our Legal Assistant team is essential to ensuring every client has a great experience with our firm.
We are looking for a Legal Assistant to work in our Corporate/ Commercial practice.
- Prepare documents for commercial transactions including bank financings/mortgages, commercial real estate (leases, purchase/sale), mergers and acquisitions.
- Conduct searches including internal conflict checks and due diligence searches.
- Draft and prepare legal documents, closing books, correspondence and reporting letters for lawyer review.
- Organize and maintain files and keep filing current.
- Open and close physical and electronic files.
- Handle client accounts: preparation of invoices and cheque requisitions, receive and disburse funds for transactions and other administrative tasks as required.
- Qualifications: *
- At least 3 years of recent relevant experience supporting at least 2 lawyers.
- Demonstrated ability to draft and format legal documents. Advanced Microsoft Word skills and proven ability to work with large documents (formatting using styles, numbering, cross-referencing, table of contents, etc. and utilizing track changes).
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge and experience preparing corporate documents required for commercial transactions.
- Ability to work within established procedures/protocols as well as receive and follow instructions from lawyers.
- Highly effective in a team environment.
- Experience and knowledge with Land Titles an asset.
- Some accounting and invoicing experience an asset.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Proven ability to exercise high initiative while projecting a tactful, diplomatic approach at all times.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills with the ability to adapt to change.
- Legal Assistant Diploma
- Is this the right role for you? It might be if you: *
- Are passionate about client service,
- Want to work in a dynamic, downtown Calgary, family-oriented law firm committed to delivering innovative solutions for our clients,
- Are relentless in delivering quality and accuracy in a deadline driven-environment,
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills,
- Are resourceful and know how to dig into a file and research to find answers,
- Are able to think on your feet,
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect, regardless of the circumstances,
- Show curiosity, want to learn and are able to ask crucial questions, and
- Have a track record of trust, authenticity, accountability and an unwavering commitment to values and co-workers.
If you have what it takes to succeed at Walsh LLP, please submit your resume and cover letter. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Walsh LLP provides a diverse, collaborative and inclusive work environment where all our employees are encouraged to grow and develop. We are an equal opportunity employer.
…. We are the Firm with a difference.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- multi-lawyer support: 3 years (Preferred)
- Legal Assistant: 3 years (Required)
- corporate/commerical: 3 years (Preferred)
- corporate financings: 3 years (Preferred)