Our purpose is Making Lives Betterthrough Happier Aging. We help seniors stay in their homes for as long as they choose, but our real talent is caring and connecting to seniors’ hearts. We have a mission to help seniors continue doing what they love most. We are not just another home care company fulfilling daily tasks, we are a company that admires people and seeks to make a difference in everything we do. By working at Nurse Next Door you will be part of a growing company that is helping seniors do what they love again.
With 200+ locations in 3 countries and growing, Vancouver-based Nurse Next Door has been ranked by Canadian Business and PROFIT as one of Canada's fastest-growing companies and Entrepreneur Top 500 Franchise as a home care franchise system dedicated to delivering premium care to our clients. Founded in 2001 based on the personal experiences of Co-Founders Ken Sim and John DeHart, Nurse Next Door is focused on becoming a globally-admired brand.
You embody our four core values: Admire People, Find a Better Way, WOW Customer Experience, and Passionate About Making a Difference.
For more information, visit https://www.nursenextdoor.com/ and watch our Culture video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flxoFnKqZsQ
Core Responsibilities and Commitments:
- In partnership with the Hiring Manager, you will lead the full recruitment cycle for key positions within the Care Services & Intakes team and Heartquarters including: create job description profiles, post open positions on relevant job boards, source qualified candidates, screen applicants, interview candidates, conduct reference checks and create employment offers.
- Proactively build and maintain a strong candidate pipeline for CSC by utilizing impactful sourcing methods, and continuously seek opportunities for improvement
- Manage and deliver the employee pre & post Onboarding journey, including employee set-up and welcome packages, scheduling and documentation of onboarding training activities and touchpoints
- Delivers regular Discovery Day Onboarding training for all new hires
HR Process, Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintains accurate and up to date employee file documentation and reporting for the employee life cycle including: new hire employment agreements, start dates, pay rates, vacation, leave of absences, internal transfers and promotions and separations.
- Administer employment change documentation ensuring employee files remain up-to-date and changes have been communicated to key stakeholders in a timely manner
- Create HR process work-flows for recruiting, onboarding, and employee life cycle documentation, and report on metrics such as turnover, new hire onboarding training, anniversaries, and promotions
Self Leadership and Engagement:
- Generating a culture of radical candor peer to peer feedback systems, self-leadership, and compassionate leadership
- Conduct stay interviews as well as exit interviews and report on key findings monthly so support culture of radical candour and continuous improvement
- Lead the dreams program together with the Dream Team, by organizing dreams workshops, promoting dreams, organizing logistics.
- Plan and execute key events that reward and recognize our people; All-Star Party, Annual BBQ, Holiday Party, Dreams Program etc.
What you will bring to Nurse Next Door?
- Minimum three years in a self-led environment supporting with full cycle recruitment and/or employee engagement
- Experience in establishing and executing on creative sourcing strategies (includes knowledge of how to use job boards)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Superb organization, planning, time management and multitasking skills
- Google Suite & Computer Proficiency
- Admire People
- WOW Customer Experiences
- Find a Better Way
- Passionate About Making a Difference
- Career growth and progression within the company
- Family-fun work environment with All Star Parties, Internal Currency (Flowerbucks) and Team Events
- Weekly recognition – Heart Star, Flowerbucks (internal money you trade in for prizes)
- Fresh Fruit on Wednesdays, Unlimited Coffee/Tea
- Dreams Program
- Competitive wages, Medical and Dental benefits
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Nurse Next Door Heart Quarters is located in a wheelchair accessible building.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)