The Respiratory Therapist I duties include:
general therapeutics; pulmonary function testing, including ABG procurement and analysis; critical and emergency care including airway management and mechanical ventilation (neonatal through adult); air and ground transports. The Respiratory Therapist will be a cardiac arrest team member. Stand By will be required. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centered care, demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
Hours of work:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Respiratory Therapy.
- Current license with the Newfoundland and Labrador Council of Health Professionals.
- Registered member of the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists in good standing.
- Successful completion of ACLS, NRP and PALS or be willing to complete within 6 months of employment.
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
- A satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
Call as needed (Shift work may be required)
Competition closing date:
Open until filled
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.