* 8+ years of hands-on implementation or consulting experience with a proven record of effective collaborations across multiple organizations, ideally a partner organization.
* 4-year college/university degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or similar fields; in lieu of degree, we will also consider additional work experience
* Deep technical skills in Solution Architecture and Cloud Computing.
* A demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Experience working in Defence and National Security industries
* Experience working with or for solutions integrators
* Secret Level security clearance with Government of Canada or the ability to obtain and maintain security clearance as a condition of employment
Do you enjoy working with solutions integrators and enabling them to design systems and solve technical problems? Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining how National Security and Defence organizations approach technology? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the largest paradigm shift in the technology industry and is looking for a world class candidate for the role of Partner Solution Architect. We are looking for a technical leader to work with our partners in National Security and Defence, as well as develop solutions with our Independent Software Vendors (ISVs). As a member of the Solutions Architect team, you will have an exciting opportunity to build mind share, establish partner trust and nurture adoption of the AWS cloud platform.
You will get the opportunity to help a wide array of AWS partners, from well-established solutions integrators to innovative ISVs. You will work with our customers and partners to ensure they build scalable, secure, and high-performance solutions on AWS. The ideal candidate will possess the technical and business acumen that enables them to engage at all levels of an organization; as well as the ability to dive deep and build cloud-optimized architectures. You will be as comfortable white-boarding complex software architectures with a room full of engineers, as you are briefing an executive audience. You will author white-papers and reference architectures that will be leveraged by the Solution Architect (SA) community within AWS and our partners and customers. You will deliver technical webinars, speak at public events, and file patents for what could potentially be future AWS features or products.
Candidates should have experience working in the National Security and Defence industry building scalable, secure and compliant solutions. She or he must have great communication skills and be very technical, with the ability to impress AWS customers at any level, from executive to developer. The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges in the industry. The ideal candidate is also an influencer by nature and must be seen as someone that partners are eager to engage with, and have a strong hands-on approach. Previous experience with AWS is desired but not required.
Key job responsibilities
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Deep technical skills in Solution Architecture and Cloud Computing
- Customer facing skills, ideally gained within a partner organization.
- A demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- As a key member of the AWS Canada Public Sector Partner team, you will act as the technical trusted advisor to partners, working closely with their technical leadership teams and the AWS Partner Development Managers.
- Provide the architectural guidance and recommendations necessary to promote successful partner engagements validating POCs, SOWs, new solutions and architecture designs.
- Demonstrate vision, creativity, business acumen and deep AWS knowledge in jointly developing industry and vertical partner solutions.
- Champion AWS partners across the AWS community, working collaboratively with AWS Training, Professional Services and Account teams.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge with our broader Solution Architect community.
- Evangelize AWS services and solutions to the wider partner community participating in external events, such as summits, webinars and product launches.
- Share partner and customer feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive improvements.
PSAs typically are
- Passionate about designing and guiding cloud architectural builds
- Dedicated to accelerating and scaling innovation, reducing costs and driving efficiency
- Well versed in Canadian PS National Security and Defence mandates, security, standards and compliance for designing large-scale cloud computing solutions
- Leading deep-dive education and technology design exercises to create innovative, secure and robust solutions for PS National Security and Defence organizations and the AWS partners who work with them, including systems integrators and ISVs
- Hands-on, getting into details, and possibly writing demo / proof-of-concept code
- Already broadly capable in architect roles, with plenty of hands-on experience
- Open to travel within the city or province and up to 10% out of province, as required for customer meetings
- AWS training during the onboarding process, typically in your first few months here at Amazon, can require travel to the USA for up to 5 consecutive days
* Understanding of application architecture, infrastructure, analytics, security and compliance
* Presentation skills, with a high level of ease in communicating with executives, IT management and developers
* Experience working in software development or Internet industries.
* Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies, such as agile methodologies and DevOps
* AWS-certified (such as AWS Solutions Architect Associate)
* Understanding of government compliance, security frameworks and regulations.
* Top Secret Signals Intelligence clearance
* Top Secret security clearance with Government of Canada
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.