POSITION: Building Automation - Design Team Specialist
ABOUT YORKLAND CONTROLS:
Yorkland Controls is a major distributor and systems solutions provider providing HVACR controls, access, CCTV and building automation systems for our customers including: Facilities owners, engineers, contractors and management companies.
We are known for creating innovative, value-based building automation and environmental controls systems tailored to meet the unique needs of the market.
We represent and are backed by the major control system manufacturers and brands, including Honeywell, and Johnson Controls.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
In this position you will be challenged to have an advanced understanding of the Building Automation Systems (BAS) Industry. As Design Team Specialist, new hires will be required to display a working knowledge of a vast array of products, processes, and softwares.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create / review Design submittals (incl. Pointlist, Flow Layouts, Sequence, Network Layout, B.O.M., etc) by reviewing quote, scope of work, equipment cutsheets and Mechanical drawings
- Create / review material orders
- Create / review asbuilts from field provided commissioning notes.
- Technical Support
- Log and update technical support calls in our Help Desk software
- Create / review procedure guides and tech tips for repetitive issues.
- Provide scheduled live troubleshooting (i.e. team viewer, connect to site/controller)
- Demonstrated knowledge of HVAC control systems.
- Familiarity with BAS programming and database generation.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Software (including Visio, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with clients and contractors.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment with minimal supervision.
- Minimum of 3 year experience in HVAC or controls industry
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the support effort by providing customers (email, “walk-in” and telephone)
with technical support and logging all 'tickets' on our Help Desk software.
- Liaison for supplier technical personnel to resolve component or system technical issues.
- Assist internal/external customers with system configurable controllers.
- Log hours worked on projects, technical support, and other tasks in our project management tool ACE.
- Design and create submittals by; reviewing scope of work and all relevant documents, completing system flow layouts (in Visio) and pointlists (in Excel), creating control wiring panel layouts, gathering datasheets on products used.
- Create project material orders.
- Create internal control panel documentation.
- Create control programs with a focus on Yorkland kitted products.
- Database generation with use of Tridium Niagara Ax and N4 software.
- Participate in training initiatives.
- Set up for all internal/external customer training sessions hosted by Yorkland.
The above is intended to describe general nature and work level being performed. This should not be construed as the complete list of duties assigned to the position.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two/three-year College or technical school and 2-3 years of experience in controls and building automation systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ideal candidate to have 2 to 3 years experience in any or all of the following automation systems
- Johnson Controls Field Controllers
- Honeywell WEBS Field Controls
- Niagara Ax or N4 experience with Tridium Certification * Must be proficient with Microsoft office software (primarily Visio and Excel).
Job Type: Full-time
- Building Controls and Automation: 3 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Greater Toronto Area, ON (Required)
- Drivers License G (Preferred)