ASSISTANT FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER
REPORTS TO FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER
Passion Drives Performance. InnVest succeeds because our people love what we do. Our entire team shares a deep-rooted passion for the world of hospitality & travel that extends far beyond the walls of our offices.
Our company culture is built on collaboration. A nimble team where everyone has a voice at the table and an opportunity to pursue their passions. Our skill-sets are as diverse as our portfolio, but we all have a singular focus: a belief that partnerships deliver the best results, an entrepreneurial approach to decision making, respect for others, a strong sense of integrity and a curiosity to challenge the status quo.
With 81 hotels in our portfolio, representing 18 internationally recognized hotel brands, InnVest is the largest independent owner of hotels in Canada. In addition, our management team oversees the day-to-day activities of almost 70 hotels also making InnVest the largest independent operator of hotels in Canada. InnVest’s portfolio is geographically diverse with hotels from Vancouver, BC to Corner Brook, NF but also experientially diverse from Roadside inns to luxury urban properties.
At InnVest, our mission is simple – to deliver outstanding guest experiences and superior returns on quality hospitality investment. A career at InnVest will provide you with unrivaled opportunities and invaluable exposure to Canada’s largest independently-owned and operated hotel portfolio.
We are a 320 room and suite dual branded hotel; Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites, located in the dynamic East Village of Calgary’s Downtown. Our Food and Beverage consists of five business areas: a restaurant; lounge with Patio; In-Room Dining; a 4,000 sq. ft. of naturally lit meeting space on one level, and a breakfast/evening social area for our Homewood Suites guests. We are located adjacent to Calgary’s famous new Public Library, and Studio Bell (Canada’s National Music Centre); 750 m from the Stampede Park entrance, and 600 m away from the soon-to-be-developed, new Calgary Event Centre in Calgary’s new Rivers District.
The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager is generally responsible to support the overall management and revenue creation of our food and beverage operations; to ensure quality service, maintain established operational standards, achieve revenue objectives, ensure food and beverage profits are maximized and provide a return on investment.
The duties and responsibilities for the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
· Provide leadership and guidance to the food and beverage team in achieving their goals and objectives.
· To ensure that all “Standards of Operations” are known and followed in all outlets.
· Monitor cleanliness and maintenance of food and beverage operations.
· Maintain close liaison with Front Desk and Sales, operational oversight of the Catering Department.
· Maintain all costs as per budgeted levels, and high standard of guest service and satisfaction.
· Prepare forecasts and in budget preparations for all food and beverage outlets.
· Ensure there is necessary stock to maintain the day-to-day operation of all outlets (cutlery, linen, etc.).
· Conduct weekly/monthly inventories of the F&B supplies.
· Conduct continuous and scheduled reviews of F&B facilities, equipment and supplies, ensures scheduling of preventative maintenance, service and repairs as necessary.
· Order and/or purchase goods and supplies or equipment in accordance with established guidelines and in accordance with anticipated/forecasted needs.
· Recommend, plan/implement approved local advertising, promotion and market research activities, new products, presentations, recipes or pricing for sales improvement.
· Recruit, train, support & coach supervisors and associates to create a productive, efficient and motivated team.
· The implementation and ongoing improvements of associates by running training programs.
· Set up and monitor staff incentive programs.
· Ensure service levels to all guests are consistent and within established standards and good judgment.
· Set up and execute Food & Beverage promotions and programs as warranted.
· Develop/implement contingency plans which minimize vulnerabilities and optimize opportunities.
· Ensure adherence to brand standards.
· Increase market share.
· Community awareness and support.
· Ensure, as a minimum, Guest satisfaction is within the top third of the brand.
· Implement & maintain all company policies & procedures.
· Oversee day-to-day F&B operations.
· Participate in the Manager on Duty program.
· Additional duties as may be assigned by the Food & Beverage Manager or General Manager.
COMPETENCIES WE ARE SEEKING:
· Minimum 5 years Food & Beverage supervisory/management experience within hospitality, preferably hotel, industry.
· Ability to deal with all levels of management & staff in a professional manner
- Current Pro Serve and Food Handling certification
· Background in the development & control of F&B operating budgets
· Proficiency/familiarity with computerized systems.
· Ability to work within deadlines
· Hands on management style a must
InnVest Hotels is an inclusive employer. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We appreciate all applications, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent