The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) is the leading national industry organization dedicated to advancing the transformation to high-performing, healthy green buildings, homes and communities throughout Canada. We are striving to make Every Building Greener.
GBCI Canada (GBCI CA) is a joint venture between Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI) and the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC). GBCI CA was formed to accelerate green building market transformation and impact in Canada. GBCI Canada enables the Canadian industry to leverage new opportunities to validate enhanced building performance and increase emissions reductions, operational savings and human health benefits.
Web Designer & Administrator (3 – 6 month contract)
CaGBC is seeking a Web Designer & Administrator with web design knowledge and front-end development experience to deliver online content updates on behalf of CaGBC and GBCI Canada, ensuring that these projects are in line with corporate standards and meet the needs of our website users.
The successful incumbent is organized and a master of time management. If your goal is to contribute to a collaborative and team, you are comfortable in an environment with ever-changing priorities and want to contribute to enhance our processes, we want to hear from you!
Web Support and Front-End Development
- Responsible for the day to day running and upkeep of CaGBC and GBCI English and French websites. Including but not limited to content publishing, and maintenance using Content Management Systems and web technologies.
- Provide technical response for all aspects of the CaGBC and GBCI websites. This includes:
- Writing code (including HTML, and CSS) with Adobe Dreamweaver techniques;
- Triage bugs and work-item requests and communicate progress;
- Monitor CaGBC’s electronic communications assets to ensure seamless functionality
- Ensure quality of content, maintain brand consistency within the sites.
Web Design and Strategy (UI/UX)
- UX/UI design, product architecture and testing.
- Design, test and send email marketing (eBlasts) when required. (Act as backup layout coordinator for eNews, LEED Tech Bulletin and Education Newsletters.)
- Provide general support to Team and other staff as required.
- Support the production needs of CaGBC and GBCI Canada programs and assist with deadline-driven projects as required.
- Serve as backup to the Graphics and Web Design Coordinator on an as needed basis.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) and working within those systems on web layout and design, and the preparation and development of online projects.
- Strong knowledge of: HTML, CSS required; Adobe Creative Suite including but not limited to Photoshop, In Design, and Illustrator knowledge is a strong asset.
- Experience with IMIS is a strong asset.
- Ability to build responsive webpages in HTML and CSS.
- Experience in front end web / UI design and development.
- Strong computer skills including Office 365, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to multitask and handle concurrent projects while meeting tight deadlines.
- Adaptable and demonstrated ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team in an agile environment.
- Functional understanding of modern, responsive site construction, configuration, and maintenance.
- Proficient in website editorial style and standards.
- Strong technical understanding and the ability to pick up new tools quickly.
CaGBC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Contract, Freelance