Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo? If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest, Bureau Veritas Canada might be the place for you!
Imagine being surrounded by the brightest minds in the industry.
Bureau Veritas is looking for a
LABORATORY ANALYST 1– Environmental Services
Join our talented team of experts in the scientific field to advance your technical knowledge and advance your career. Every day we go above and beyond to deliver innovative solutions to help our clients make important decisions that directly impact the community and the environment.
Several Instrument analysis positions are open on the following instrument types: Colorimetric, micro, BOD, and ion selective electrode.
As a LABORATORY ANALYST 1 – ENVIONMENTAL Services, your responsibilities are:
- Review LIMS summary reports to plan and organize daily work
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) when conducting following work:
o Perform sample preparation and procedure prior to analyses
o Perform some basic testing procedures
o Identify any non-routine samples and seek guidance on procedures for handling
- Prepare standards and reagents and ensure adequate supplies are available by monitoring quantities
- Ensure a high level of accuracy in sample preparation and analysis
- Operate and maintain all necessary instruments and equipment to complete tasks (PC / Mac computers, pipettes, thermal cyclers, automated sequencers, liquid handling instruments, etc).
- Assess and correct problems with all laboratory operations according to SOP guidelines and ISO 17025 regulation criteria.
- Meet quality and TAT specifications required by the client and ensure samples are analyzed within holding time requirements.
- Identify and document all known sample deviations, non-conformances, and/or process deviations and report to the Supervisor.
- Employ proper laboratory techniques to minimize risk of mislabeling, sample mix-up and cross contamination between samples and other materials.
- Provide input to corrective action procedures and report problems and Corrective Actions to the Supervisor.
- Provide Supervisor/Manager with updates on workstation status including advance notification of any delays
- Evaluate and initiate problem solving in all areas of the laboratory
- Participate in developing Standard Operating Procedures and general work instructions
- Participate in the development / validation of new procedures and instruments, as required
- Monitor the laboratory to improve efficiencies and reduce costs in a continuous and ongoing fashion
- Support and comply with all Bureau Veritas policies, Quality System and Health & Safety program.
- Participate, when requested in lab and Health & Safety meetings
- Participate, when requested in internal and external audits
- Provide training and guidance to junior staff
- Maintain training records and relevant qualifications
- Keeps work area clean, neat and organized
- All other responsibilities as assigned
You are the ideal LABORATORY ANALYST 1 – ENVIONMENTAL Services if:
- Post-Secondary school education or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated success in the role of a Laboratory Technician
- Sound knowledge of sample handling procedures to ensure continuity and integrity of samples through compliance with laboratory procedures and quality assurance protocols.
- Knowledge of, and experience with laboratory Occupational Health and Safety practices to handle hazardous materials by taking the necessary precautions.
- Excellent manual dexterity, record keeping, calculations and problem solving abilities.
- Flexible to perform varying duties to accommodate changing priorities.
- Accurately follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and instructions
- Detail oriented with accurate record keeping skills
- Good time-management, communication, multi-tasking and priority setting skills
- Strong computer skills
- Positive outlook with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Adapts to a changing environment
- Works both independently and as part of a team
- Learns quickly
- Occasional overtime may be required.
Bureau Veritas is a world leader in testing, inspection and certification services.
When we look at Bureau Veritas, we want to see a reflection of the communities in which we work. Inclusion is about actively involving every employee’s ideas, knowledge, perspectives, approaches and styles to maximize business success. Inclusion is about attracting new talent who will bring more diversity to our workforce, with differences in culture, professional backgrounds and beliefs.
Join our talented community of scientists and experts and apply today at http://bvlabs.com/careers/current-opportunities
Bureau Veritas Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Shaping a World of Trust