Coldbox Builders Inc. is a national Canadian ICI Design Build General Contractor. Using in house Engineering Design talent and in house Construction Management professionals, we design, acquire approvals and build manufacturing and storage facilities for the food, pharmaceutical and logistics industries across Canada.
We are seeking a well experienced ICI Construction Estimator to join our growing team. Successful candidates will have proven track record of simultaneously creating multiple construction estimates and budgets of varying complexity and size. You will rely on your ability to break down a project scope into master format and apply costing through quantity take offs as well as sub-contractor pricing. You will use your strong ability to visualize and consider scopes of work that would be required to complete the project that may not necessarily be shown on preliminary or conceptual designs. To be successful in this role you will capture the scope of work of the project and create a proposal that will provide the most value to the client. A strong collaborative approach to building thorough and thoughtful estimates that serve our clients properly is paramount to the successful execution of this role.
- A min of 5 years of experience in the role of Construction Estimator within a General Contracting (GC) and / or Design-Build GC firm having been the sole or lead Estimator with a clear track record of successfully won projects.
- Proficient knowledge in Site Development, Building Envelope and M&E Systems for ICI facilities.
- Ability to breakdown a project to elemental scopes of work with both complete sets of project documentation as well as from preliminary conceptual designs.
- Have successfully estimated completed projects ranging in cost from $250,000 to $50 million.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in:
- Delivering projects using CCA 5a, CCA 5b, CCDC 2, CCDC 3 and CCDC 14 Prime Contracts.
- Using CCA 1 & CCA 17 Sub-Contracts
- Proficiency in the use of construction project management software (CMiC or similar), as well as Microsoft excel.
- Proficiency in organising construction data using the most recent MasterFormat.
- Depth of experience with ICI type facilities ground up including site development
- Confident and personable with clients, and sub-contractors
- Simultaneous management of multiple estimates of varying size and complexity
- Able to estimate high level budgets as well as detailed line item estimates
- Able to instigate action from Sub-Trades and Vendors/Suppliers
- Highly competent and effective negotiator
- Ability to effectively communicate with Project Managers and Site Superintendents to verify scope capture and project plan of the estimate
- Able to effectively communicate with engineers and architects to ensure all scopes of work are considered.
- Effective writing and oral communication skills
- Successful at maintaining and growing client and vendor relationships
- Create comprehensive and accurate estimates easily convertible to construction budgets
- Receive project documentation and create estimate breakdown
- Follow up with project success to update future estimates
- Pre-qualify and analyze new vendors for potential use.
- Create and issue tenders for sub-contracting pricing
- Create and maintain a costing database for future budgeting
- Provide weekly update on all current and upcoming estimates and budgets
- Provide monthly reporting of issued estimates and budgets and track success rates
- Identify project risks, mitigate company exposure to them effectively
- Consider project schedule as well as construction challenges in all estimates
- Proactively follow up on tenders and RFIs
- Post-Project reviews to compare thoroughness and accuracy of construction budget vs. actual cost
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management is required
- PQS designation is an asset but not required
- Gold Seal Certification is an asset but not required
- French bilingual is an asset
COMPENSATION AND REWARDS
- Salary Range commensurate with depth and duration of experience
- Health & Dental Benefits Package
- Quarterly Performance Review
- Performance Based Bonus Plan
The hiring company is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity of applicants. We thank you in advance for your interest; however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent