REPORTING TO: CSG Finance Manager
- The Accounting Clerk performs a variety of general accounting support tasks to support the Finance Manager including:
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). Enters data into QuickBooks and Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Maintains petty cash and orderly financial filing system
- The transactions processed by this group are comprised of but not limited to:
- Disbursements: Bank wires/EFT’s, cheques etc
- Setup bank wires/EFTs/ACHs for Finance Manager/Controller/CFO with proper approvals based on company’s Chart of Authority.
- Prepare cheque runs with appropriate backup (i.e. Aged AP registers, invoices, cash requirements etc.)
- Monitor credit card charges, payment discrepancies, refunds, returns and miscellaneous charges
- Revenue: Revenue entry, billing, receipts and cash application
- Invoicing to franchisees
- Assists Finance Manager in backup capacity
- Intercompany billings and reconciliation
- Recording intercompany entries
- Other duties as assigned by Finance Manager/Controller
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years of accounting related work experience, preferably bookkeeping within a smaller organization
- Knowledge of Canadian accounting principles and procedures (i.e. ASPE)
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics (required)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including V-lookup, pivot tables etc.
- Experience with bank and credit card reconciliations
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Reliability and strong work ethics
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Accounts Payable: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quickbooks: 1 year (Required)
- Accounts Receivable: 1 year (Preferred)
- Great Plains: 1 year (Required)
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- General Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Etobicoke, ON (Preferred)