- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 4+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C# or Python
The Selection Monitoring team is responsible for building the biggest product selection on the planet. In order to drive the expansion of Amazon selection, we use cluster-computing technologies such as MapReduce and Spark to process billions of products sold on Amazon. We work with structured and unstructured content using statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms to prioritize selection. We are looking for engineers to tackle ambiguous problems in the areas of data science, machine learning algorithms and distributed systems of cloud-scale. You are expected to take ownership, dive deep and drive solutions from developing prototypes, design to coding, testing and deployment. The role demands innovation and expects you to push the boundaries.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience with Spark/Hadoop, Scala, Oozie.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and scripting on python.
- Experience in Relational database or Cloud storage services including SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Experience with AWS technologies.
- Experience with statistical techniques and machine learning.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation