Since 1981,KEB Hana Bank Canadahas been committed to providing excellence to our clients. KEB Hana Bank is the largest domestic bank in Korea, and it boasts an extensive overseas network with more than 1200 offices in 25 countries. Our 9 branches in Canada serve the cities of Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Burnaby, and Coquitlam.
Our culture has been shaped by the passion, and integrity of our employees. At KEB Hana Bank Canada, we support our employees' long-term success by providing career opportunities that are both rewarding, and that help shape a sustainable future for our employees' lives. At KEB Hana Bank Canada, our integrity is the foundation on which our employees build relationships based on trust, and ethical behaviour.
To achieve our goal of being the best foreign bank in Canada, we are continuing to grow and are looking for a motivated Chief Compliance Officer, Chief Anti-Money Laundering Officer to join our Bank.
Job Title: Chief Compliance Officer, Chief Anti-Money Laundering Officer
Department: Head office
Hours per Week: 37.5 hours
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Chief Compliance Officer (“CCO”), Chief Anti-Money Laundering Officer (“CAMLO”), and Chief Privacy Officer (“CPO”), is responsible for the following functionalities:
· Regulatory Compliance Management (“RCM”), AML/ATF Compliance, and Privacy Compliance.
· Act as Head of Corporate Governance to comply with Board of Directors regulatory requirements.
· Act as Head of Legal Matters and be the legal liaison with law firms that deal with the Bank.
· Complaint and Dispute Resolution Management and act as a second level liaison with the OBSI.
· Act as the Head of Regulatory Affairs and be the Bank’s Relationship Manager with the Regulators (OSFI, FCAC, CDIC, FINTRAC, OPC, FINTRAC, etc.) and the Canadian Bankers Association (“CBA”).
Roles and Responsibilities
· Identify, maintain, and update the Bank’s compliance frameworks which identify all regulatory compliance, AML/ATF and privacy elements relevant to a specific business unit within the Bank.
· Ensure that all regulatory requirements have been met and have been delivered to the appropriate regulatory bodies on time.
· Provide challenge on controls and review of internal regulations – Policies, Procedures, Guidelines, etc.
· Update the Compliance Checklists for changes in legislative and regulatory requirements.
· Conduct on-going independent compliance testing and monitoring reviews specific to business functions and report on the compliance status to the President and Board of Directors.
· Educate and train employees on compliance with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, standards and practices, and addressing compliance queries from employees.
· Review and approve new products, services establishment of new businesses and/or relevant process changes ensuring compliance risks are identified and inherent risk assessment review is sufficient with the applicable AML/ATF and privacy compliance laws, regulations and regulatory guidelines.
· Oversight and management of the Bank’s AML/ATF and Privacy Compliance programs frameworks.
· Maintain the risk rating methodology and development and implementation of an assessment of inherent Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing risks.
· Review and approve High Risk Clients, PEPs and HIOs.
· Design, implement and maintain the Bank's AML regime in a manner that is tailored to the needs of each business activity and effectively manage the compliance risk.
· Maintain a program to monitor, identify, assess, communicate and track key regulatory compliance requirements in AML/ATF and privacy compliance fields relevant to the Bank's business operations.
· Conduct AML/ATF and privacy risk and control self-assessments.
· Develop AML/ATF and privacy compliance frameworks, policies and procedures and ensure those are kept up to date, reviewed and approved by the CEO and the Board.
· Develop, coach, mentor, and motivate direct reports and team members in their achievement of individual objectives and career goals.
· Maintain relationship with OSFI, FINTRAC and OPC, and prepare for regulatory inspections.
· Liaise with relevant external regulatory bodies, auditors, and other government agencies.
· Ensure that adequate people and technology resources are in place, and staff training is provided to foster compliance culture and to optimize relations with regulators.
· Provide oversight and control of all legal and fraud claims against the Bank, and manage the reporting and monitoring of legal and fraud risks to the CEO / Board and external auditors.
· Provide centralization tracking of all legal requests and coordination of legal services for the Bank.
· Provide strategic governance advisory and recommendations to the CEO and the Board of Directors.
· Ensure that the Board Secretariat / Corporate Secretary compliance requirements are met accordingly.
· Keep abreast of internal standards and best practices by attending external training and conferences.
· Perform other relevant CCO, CAMLO and CPO related duties as assigned.
Minimum 10+ years of experience in banking or financial industry.
Minimum 7 years of experience in compliance, regulatory affairs, legal and corporate governance.
Minimum 5 years of leadership experience as a Head of Compliance, AML/ATF or Privacy.
Undergraduate / Bachelor’s degrees in Business Admin., Economics, Finance, or related field(s).
Advanced professional certifications or designations in compliance, AML, privacy, fraud, corporate governance, risk management or related field(s) such as CSC, CAMS, CIPP/C, CPA, CFE or equivalent.
Extensive knowledge of legal / compliance requirements and risk controls (RCM, AML, Privacy, etc.).
Strong familiarity with Canadian banking industry practices and professional standards.
Ability to implement strategies for effectively controlling change and helping people adapt to change.
Superior interpersonal skills, oral and written communication and ability to anticipate and guide the impact of effective internal and external communication strategies on the Bank.
To learn more about KEB Hana Bank Canada, please visit kebhanabank.ca
What You Need To Know
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KEB Hana Bank Canada is an equal opportunity employer and it is the Bank’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the position. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. KEB Hana Bank Canada thanks all applicants for their interest.
Job Type: Full-time