Saturn Agrosciences and its parent company Benson Hill empower innovators to unlock the global genetic potential of plants benefiting people and our planet. We are building the future of agricultural genomics and looking for talented and passionate individuals who will help us drive our vision. You can read more about our purpose and values on our website at www.bensonhill.com
We are actively seeking a Research Scientist II to join our Canola Trait Development team at the University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada to support the growth of Saturn Agrosciences.
You’ll make an impact by:
· Leading innovation and improvements in canola transformation protocols for Product Development and Genome Editing pipelines
· Designing experiments and workflows, and managing projects to meet timelines and milestones
· Engaging in our ground-breaking Genome Editing platform using Benson Hill’s CRISPR 2.0 and 3.0 nucleases
· Exploring leads from our trait prediction engine, CropOS™, in our fast-paced Trait Discovery pipeline
· Communicating research progress and results to team members, leadership, internal and external stakeholders
· Coordinating with the broader R&D team at our parent company location in St. Louis, MO, for exchange of best practices and protocols and implementation of improvements into the pipeline
· Contributing to scientific discussions and presenting outcomes within the organization and in external venues
You’re good at:
· Research experience with plant transformation system improvement, optimization and technology transfer
· Strong understanding of Biolistic and Agrobacterium-mediated canola transformation
· Experience with transformation of novel crops, genome editing technologies, controlled environment and plant growth and development
· Maintaining detailed and organized records of project data
· Ability to multi-task and take on new assignments as necessary in a fast-moving startup atmosphere.
· Ability to work autonomously or collaboratively as part of a team.
· Excellent planner, organizer, critical thinker, and problem solver, with a demonstrated ability to efficiently execute project tasks.
· Ph.D. molecular biology, plant physiology, biotechnology, plant biology or related discipline
· Minimum of 5 years, hands-on experience in plant transformation research organization, preferably in an industrial setting.
· Experience developing standard operating procedures, data quality tracking and implementation success.
· Ability to operate in a fast pace environment and work collaboratively across functions.
· Ability to Supervise biological technologists and technicians and other scientists
Reference ID: SAS Canola Scientist II
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00 /year