Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Manager, Indirect Tax some your responsibilities will include:
- Lead engagements regarding indirect tax solutions and compliance including principal involvement in reorganizations, due diligence, cross border strategies and other tax planning opportunities
- Liaise with tax authorities and conduct research on tax issues and/or legislation
- Meet with clients to identify and discuss sales and indirect tax issues
- Write reports and opinions to clients in relation to sales and indirect tax
- Drive to participate in professional development in order to become an experienced indirect tax professional
- Proactively liaise with our professional colleagues
- Assist business development management for target industries and sectors and support client business requirements in new and innovative ways
- Participate in the overall development of the Grant Thornton brand through internal and external activities and knowledge of industry
- Coach more junior tax team members and ensuring a meaningful performance review process
- Leverage technical proficiency to advise and guide team members
- Attend client and stakeholder meetings with the Tax team
- Assist the Partners and Senior Managers with strategy and implementation of strategy and risk management
- Local travel required
- Other projects as assigned
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Manager, Indirect Tax? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- An accounting designation preferred (CPA, CA, CMA or CGA)
- Completion of the CPA Canada In-Depth GST/HST course or equivalent
- A minimum 4 years of experience in providing sales tax services
- Proven ability to deliver full cycle of project management capabilities
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite. Advanced skills in both Excel and Word.
- Ability to execute on deliverables in a deadline driven environment
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and complex environment
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency. Quick learner, self-starter and exudes a “can do” attitude
- Good understanding of team dynamics and cohesion. Strong team player and collaborator
- Desire to learn and grow, and be an integral part of a high-performing team
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.