Sales & Business Development I Toronto, Canada
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what's right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you'll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our teams partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The Account Executive (AE) is a highly motivated self-starter who is responsible for developing and closing new business or expanding our footprint with current customers within the Commercial Mid-Market and Majors business segments. A successful AE is eager to learn, determined to adapt quickly, and comfortable with some ambiguity. AEs are focused on acquiring new customers or selling additional use cases, products and services into existing accounts. This person is accountable for exceeding monthly and quarterly quotas, proactive deal management, forecast accuracy, and driving adoption and usage with customers and prospects in collaboration with internal teams and the broader DocuSign partner ecosystem.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to VP of Commercial Sales, Canada.
- Drive success of the company's goals and objectives through achieving individual sales quotas
- Build and manage a sales pipeline through prospecting efforts in the assigned territory within the Commercial Mid-Market segment
- Develop and deliver customized sales presentations and products demonstrations, by phone and via online demo
- Craft and negotiate enterprise level proposals and contracts
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievements accurately through proper use of sales tools
- Collaborate effectively and engage various pre/post sales resources including Sales Development Representatives, Market Development Representatives, Solutions Engineers, Account Managers, Partner Account Managers, as well as Legal, Security, Professional Services and Customer Support
- Travel as necessary, typically 10%
- Experience and/or exposure to selling into the Canadian market
- 4 years of direct SaaS/software sales experience in an Account Executive role or equivalent quota-carrying role
- Demonstrated success in SaaS sales to mid-market/major commercial customers
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles
- Demonstrated ability to over-achieve quotas in past positions
- Proficient computer application skills, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.