**MUST BE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY**
The Journeyman Plumber/Gasfitter under the direction of Mechanical Director, will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and repairs associated with plumbing, heating, gas lines and equipment of ElecTech Contracting Ltd.. He or she will work using safe work practices, always being aware of personal and client safety. The Journeyman Plumber/Gasfitter will be required to demonstrate written and verbal communication through the creation of work documents, and through providing explanations and training to others on the safe use of related equipment.
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Team Work
- Service Orientation
- Respond to gas leak(s) and perform detection.
- Connect equipment that requires a gas line.
- Maintain and service heating units and components.
- Educate clients about gas safety and maintenance of equipment.
- Test and replace defective equipment.
- Secure pipes or related equipment, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, or threading joints, dependent on specifications.
- Participate in all construction and remodeling projects involving plumbing or gas fitting changes and/or additions.
- Tend to the maintenance and preventative maintenance programs, including cleaning of all plumbing and gas equipment.
- Maintain a list of suppliers for purchasing supplies and parts.
- Maintain a supply of regularly used parts and filters in stock, ordering replenishment as necessary.
- Submit orders for large parts to the Mechanical Director for approval.
- Make local trips to vendors/suppliers.
- Drive Company Vehicles.
- Propose changes or modifications to plans to enhance operation and efficiency of systems plans and specifications for sanitation facilities.
- Develop goals and priorities; assign tasks and projects.
- Counsel, train and coach assigned staff as needed.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training preferred.
- Appropriate credentials and certifications - Plumber Trade Certification, Plumber Red Seal Certificate, Gasfitter 2nd class, Gasfitter Certification of Qualification
- 5 years' experience as a Journeyman Plumber/Gasfitter.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allows one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Computer literate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Commercial Plumber/Gasfitter: 5 years (Preferred)
- Plumber/Gasfitter: 1 year (Preferred)
- Industrial Plumber/Gasfitter: 2 years (Preferred)
- Residential Plumber/Gasfitter: 5 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)