BAKER – Lead Mixer NOC 6332
446 Summerhill Avenue, Toronto ON M4W 2E4
Summerhill Market Bakery produces all scratch batters, frostings, cakes, tarts, pies and cookies. The Baker/Mixer is required to following specific recipes, accurately scale and measure out the mixes and doughs, and incorporate the ingredients in the proper method to ensure consistency.
The Baker/Mixer works closely with the Pastry Chef (Mario Totaro)to plan out daily and weekly production requirements and ensure all ingredients are on hand and available.
They coordinate their production together with the Assistant mixer/mixers and with all members of the bakery production team, to ensure that the batters that are needed are ready in a timely manner to ensure the even flow of production.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Follow recipes provided by the Pastry Chef as well as following specific production schedules
· Computer Skills – Working Knowledge of OneDrive, Excel and Word
· Weighing and scaling pastry ingredients for specific recipes; measuring and scaling of all batters, doughs and mixes.
· Calculating and formulating the base recipes to the volume of production that is required.
· Portioning batters and doughs into specified volumes prior to baking
· Staff scheduling for the two Assistant Mixers and coordinating their daily batter production lists
· Co-ordinate production timing with the Bakers and Assistant Bakers for oven time management for the batters on the daily production list.
· Communication is key to co-ordinating through all channels of production
· Proper use of equipment such as mixers, sheeter, pie press, oven and stove top
· Work together with the Pastry Chef to ensure ingredients are ordered on time
· Unpacking and storing supplies in refrigerators, freezers and dry good areas
· Ensure safety hazards are removed and/or reported
· Maintaining a clean work environment at all times, and proper sanitizing
· Full understanding of workplace safety as well as food safety, storage and handling
· Performing other duties as may be assigned.
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Wage/Salary: $14 - $17 per hour
Experience: 2 years less than 3
Batter Mixing Experience: 2 years
Education: College Diploma
**The Summerhill Market is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from diverse communities, including: Aboriginal people, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, new Canadians and immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community and women.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00-$17.00 per hour