Job Title: Early Childhood Educator (Assistant, Supervisor, Worker), Cor Van Raay YMCA at ATB Centre
Reports to: Child Care Centre Director
The Early Childhood Educator provides excellent service, quality programming and care to participants and families within a YMCA of Lethbridge Child Care Centre.
Early Childhood Educators will be crucial partners in the development of young children aged 12 months - 6 years.
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and implementing planned developmental appropriate activities for the children in a warm, inclusive and caring environment both indoors and outdoors
- Using appropriate child guidance techniques to manage behavior of young children
- Ensuring a safe and clean environment that is in good repair following cleaning schedule
- Ensuring Child Protection policies and procedures are followed
- Communicating with parents, both verbally and in writing, on a regular basis
- Communicating respectfully with coworkers throughout the da
- Ensuring confidentiality of parents, children and fellow staff
- Ensuring licensing, accreditation and health and safety protocols and practices are followed
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- Certification as a Child Development Assistant (Level 1), Child Development Worker (Level 2), Child Development Supervisor (Level 3)
- Standard or Child Care First Aid with CPR Level C
- Child Intervention Check
- Police Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector search (Candidate is responsible for the cost of any checks or certifications as listed above)
YMCA of Lethbridge offers many perks and benefits:
- Complimentary YMCA of Lethbridge membership including a linked membership for a partner or dependent child (full time staff)
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits. Premiums paid 50% by the Association (full time staff)
- Pension plan with 5% matching contribution by the Association, eligibility after 2 years (full time staff and part time staff that meet minimum hours of work annually)
- Program discounts
- Ongoing leadership development and opportunities
- Paid training opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth within the association
To apply for this position, send resume with cover letter that indicates days and hours you are available to work and 3 professional references via email.
YMCA of Lethbridge is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid Canadian work permit. YMCA of Lethbridge is currently not engaged in international recruitment efforts
as we are required to demonstrate that we have exhausted all means of recruitment both locally and nationally.
Potential candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 /hour