Experienced mechanics to diagnose, repair and service the Menzies fleet of vehicles and other related equipment in accordance with Company and manufacturers work specifications ensuring safe work practices and operating procedures are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives work orders and obtains the necessary tools required for the repair.
- Transports the vehicle (s) to be repaired by driving, towing, or pushing vehicle into service bay.
- Vehicles may consist of tugs, forklifts, pay loaders, fuel trucks and other larger airport vehicles.
- Inspects parts and/or motor vehicles to identify defective or broken parts.
- Repairs diesel engines, hydraulic, electric, and mechanical systems.
- Obtains replacement parts, installing and/or making repairs as required.
- Repairs may require rebuilding as assemblies, systems, etc.
- Confers with Supervisor for complex repairs, which require direction or approval for ordering parts.
- Completes work orders and provides status on any “open” work orders.
- Ensure the safe and secure operations, in accordance with the highest possible standards of health, safety, security and all government statutory requirements.
- Additional duties may include changing batteries, tires, oil, and other minor repairs.
- Qualified Mechanic with 310S, five (5) years of related experience .
- Must have knowledge of heavy-duty diesel/automotive equipment.
- Experience with troubleshooting and repair of complex hydraulic and electrical systems required.
- Must have own tools and be able to operate various power and hand tools safely.
- Clean driving record with certified copy of Drivers Abstract.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be flexible to work all hours/days including nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by operational requirements.
- Legally able to work in Canada and able to obtain and hold all required security clearances
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.50 /hour
- mechanic: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)