Tradition Construction Inc. – London, ON
Join Tradition Construction Inc. as a member of a well-rounded & diverse team serving residential, commercial and industrial sectors in London. Our defined procedures, skilled resources and use of the latest technology make us one of the most experienced construction companies in the area.
Our ideal candidate will have the confidence to hit the ground running, is not afraid to wear different hats in the company and would like to be part of a fun and rewarding work environment.
- Analyzes and interprets documents, specifications, proposal and, addendum in preparation for pricing;
- Performs any estimate related communications with clients (written/oral/electronic);
- Reviews project site(s) prior to price preparation;
- Conducts a detailed analysis of contract documents and specifications to determine overall project requirements (bonding, insurance, etc.);
- Completes a full quantity take-off of all labour, equipment and materials required to complete the project as per contract specifications to ensure accuracy of pricing;
- Solicits, analyzes and negotiates pricing from subcontractors and suppliers for labour, equipment and material;
- Completes final cost estimates, incorporating all labour, equipment, and material data, pricing documentation, overhead and profit margins;
- Prepares cost proposals and final tender documents for submission to client in order to meet contract deadline submission requirements;
- Accountable for accuracy and completeness of tender submissions;
- Drives positive relationships and serves as key contact with Clients and subcontractors;
- Conducts materials and pricing research;
- Collects all pertinent data and information for each job to be quoted;
- Acts as liaise with general contractor, sub-contractors and suppliers;
- Identifies new market opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in both residential and commercial construction estimating;
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Certificate;
- Proven proficiency in bidding process;
- Self-motivated and strong negotiator;
- Responsible attitude and leadership qualities;
- Highly organized, achievement oriented with strong multi-tasking abilities;
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and contract documents
- Thorough knowledge of contract language / Terms and Conditions / Bonding, etc.;
The Prospective Candidate will have:
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills with attention to detail and deadlines;
- Excellent communication (written/verbal/electronic) and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office, Outlook, Excel and Word;
- Ability to work with others (Office Admin/Project Managers/Workers) as a team;
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel as required;
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure;
- Adaptable to flexible work schedule when required to meet deadlines.
We offer competitive compensation based on the successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with a cover letter and a resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Required)