Riverside Millwork Group is a truly forward thinking group of companies with over 40 years of success in the building materials and millwork markets. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
Our company is in the business of delivering a richer and more personalized customer experience to builders, architects, general contractors and interior designers. Our package of millwork products includes interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers and custom millwork, hardwood flooring, and millwork installations.
RMG is defined by the passion of its team and the belief that each day brings new opportunities for growth and success. In 2018, RMG was listed as one of Canada's Fastest Growing Companies (McLean's) with a five year revenue growth of 253%.
The Project Coordinator/Estimatoris responsible for coordinating all product procurement, fulfillment, and delivery required for customer projects on behalf of sales representatives. The Project Coordinator works directly with outside sales representatives to create quotes for custom projects, convert quotes into sales orders, and act as the central liaison between sales and the Company’s internal supply chain through to project completion. As part of the Sales department, the Project Coordinator also provides inside sales support to the retail order desk as required. This includes fielding customer inquiries, redirecting inquiries to a specialist, or providing complete customer service as appropriate to the situation.
- Represent Riverside in a positive and professional manner
- Receive all customer specifications including floor plans, elevations, and construction notes from outside sales representatives, and request any missing information from sales reps prior to initiating project coordination
- Meet with outside sales representatives to assess and interpret project specifications and scope prior to preparing estimates and quotes
- Take-off and estimate the quantity of trim, doors, door hardware, shelving and other materials required for single family and multi residential projects, ensuring all project scope considerations have been addressed
- Participate in negotiations with customers when requested by sales representative, offering cost savings through suggesting product alternates as available
- Receive customer approved quotes from sales representatives and convert into Sales Orders
- Liaise with outside sales representatives to ensure required payment terms for each project are satisfied prior to requesting purchasing or production of products
- Relay all project specifications to the internal supply chain team (purchasing, manufacturing, scheduling) within adequate time frames for completion
- Ensure that the customer’s requirements (from purchase order or other order form) match what was measured on site so that all extras or omissions are captured and customers are promptly notified of extra work and charges
- Ensure shared project status logs are current at all times
- Communicate project updates to customers on behalf of sales representatives when requested
- Provide finance department “invoice-ready” orders with all customer purchase orders attached as required
- Act as back-up to the retail order desk to provide inside sales support to walk-in and call-in customers
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Education, and Competencies:
- Interior building materials and residential construction industry experience and product knowledge
- Working knowledge of construction schedules/deadlines
- Post-secondary education in architectural technology, construction technology, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Knowledge of several styles/design theory
- Patient and adaptive to change
- Exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Sage Business Vision an asset
- Self-starter and self-motivator
Compensation & Perks!
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan, and health and dental benefits
- Company RRSP program with company matching.
- Monthly Pizza Lunches
We thank you for your interest, but only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known. Thank you
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating: 3 years (Preferred)
- Project Coordination: 3 years (Preferred)
- Building Materials: 2 years (Preferred)