Welcome to GFL Winnipeg!
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing of Waste, Recycling and Organics. GFL stretches across North America with over 12,000 employees. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for a full time energetic and driven General Manager for our Solid Waste Division.
With an eye to continued growth and development, we offer the following:
- A healthy workplace culture
- Competitive wages with a RRSP/DPSP program
- Flexible working environment and hours
- Comprehensive benefits package
Career stability and advancement is well-within the reach of driven and motivated employees!
Reporting to the Area Vice President, the General Manager will lead the Saskatchewan and Manitoba Solid Waste business operations in accordance with the company’s strategic plan and operating and capital budgets. The successful candidate will be challenged with driving revenue and market growth through the development and implementation of new and innovative sales and operational strategies. In this role, you will develop and enhance best practices in operational effectiveness, while providing leadership in motivating, managing and evaluating the established team. You will help develop, implement and maintain a strategic business plan while being responsible for all aspects of the operations in the region. This position will be a creative force in the development of new programs and initiatives for the region and will oversee their successful implementation.
If you are the type of individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment where you are developing and executing strategies, leading and mentoring a team, and collaborating cross-functionally with every area of the organization, then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
- Overall business unit accountability for performance, safety and profitability.
- Monitor budgets and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Direct, motivate and coach the operations and sales team to accomplish both company and individual objectives.
- Execute necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with company standards and other standards and regulations.
- Participate in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develop and implement programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs
- Plan and control budget and expenditures.
- Develop risk management and annual business plan for the region.
- Manage the financial, human and physical resources of the region to ensure achievement of the plan and year over year growth and stability of the operations.
- Strategic negotiations and implementation of business contracts essential to the annual business plan.
- Identify and execute organic growth initiatives for the region.
- Work collaboratively with other Regional operations leaders to identify and implement cross selling opportunities.
- Examine existing business strategies and alternatives, analyze the risks, costs, and benefits of these alternatives with a view to increasing revenue, managing costs, and creating new solutions and significant operational improvements while maintaining a strong customer satisfaction level.
- Strong knowledge of waste management industry and strong industry contacts considered an asset
- Deep understanding of current market dynamics
- Passion for business excellence with exceptional follow through
- Compelling leader who can effectively coach and drive team motivation throughout all levels of the organization
- Effective at building senior and executive relationships with key customer stakeholders
- Strong analytic thinker with demonstrated command of metrics-driven business model
- Strong career trajectory with a history of top performance in successive roles
- High professional and personal integrity with high ethical standards
- Knowledge of technical, transportation, logistics and environmental practices and compliance requirements of the solid waste industry.
- At least 5 years of experience in senior operations management in the solid waste (or comparable) industry including not less than 4 years in Profit and Loss (P&L) management accountability
- Thorough knowledge of strategic planning, contract negotiations, and administration of solid waste operations.
- Direct experience working with regulatory agencies.
- Proven track record of overseeing safety and accident prevention programs.
- Experience growing operations in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven business acumen in the solid waste or related industry
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time